INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

• Thank you received: 6
Hi,
I'm running Stellarmate on PI 3+. All my equipment is connected fine. For some reason I can't cet any images from 1600MM pro. Just blank white "image". Yet my guiding camera ASi 120 mm is 6working fine. Any ideas how to solve this? I did re-arrange ports and restarted, but nada...
5 years 2 months ago #34205

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I had the same issue at first as well. The camera *is* taking images though all pixels have a value ... 0 (i.e. zero!). For some reason the KStars FITS viewer displayes those as white...

Try to set the gain at 139 (so called unity gain) and offset to 21 and try again using exposure times of a few seconds when taking images of the sky. When I am focusing I set gain to 500 or higher to be able to take short exposures.

HTH, Wouter
5 years 2 months ago #34206

Tried that, but still no good. It did prompt me Message "No cameras detected.Check power and make sure camera is not mounted by other programs and try again." I have no other programs runnning..
Que paso??
5 years 2 months ago #34209

• Thank you received: 420
No sé, hombre. It is strange that you did get images before (even if they were white) but now not anymore. Please enable debug logging and post the logs here.
5 years 2 months ago #34210

Something strange happened; I did click on Effects tab "Strech Image" and it did came back to normal. Voila! I did deselect this option to bact to none, still working. (Capturing Darks) Very bizarre...
But the downside is yhat filter names disappered sequence queue box
5 years 2 months ago #34223

• Thank you received: 0
I see similar behavior with my 1600 and stellarmate. On many images, but not all, when I click stretch, the image goes from a pretty normal looking sub to a completely white screen. What's going on?
5 years 2 months ago #34500

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds