INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarmateOS - new version vs. updated

• Thank you received: 5
Dear star-friends,

does anybody (e.g. Jasem :) know if there‘s a difference between the StellarmateOS versions in comparison to an up to date version of any iteration...?

O.k. This sounds more complicated than it is :)

If I have StellarMateOS say 1.0 and keep it up-to-date with the software update function is this the same as SMOS 1.31 that is up-to-Date or are there differences ?

And how can I get the newest version??

Cheers Chris
5 years 1 month ago #35174

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
You can just keep up to date with the software updater, BUT that does not update the actual SM code, those updates are done by downloading the latest version from the SM website and burning the new image to a card and starting again with new image...so that being said there is no need to do that unless you have an issue or you really need the new version as it contains a fix that you may need....
I only have the latest one because I have the newer rpi3b+ and the older version was not compatible with the plus version...it’s only in instances like tnatbyou need to upgrade..
So just use the updater... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 1 month ago #35195

There are differences of course in the core code that runs StellarMate. Unfortunately, that is not available via the usual update mechanism especially since some of it modifies the existing system to make StellarMate make the work it should.

The important thing is this: If everything is running as it should, do not update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 1 month ago #35206

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds