INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SOLVED - Help!!! Anyone Running Two Stellarmates?

• Thank you received: 31
I'm trying to get two Stellarmates (I bought the OS and have it installed on two identacle Raspberry Pis 3B's) to work together to distribute the load. No matter what I try, i can't seem to get it to work. When I start the camera server, i get a message :address already in use, even though I start it from a fresh system boot.

Here's my rig:
iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount
QHY5L-II-M guide camera
Canon T3i imaging camera

My rpi's are named (and added to each rpi and my remote PC's host file)
Primary: guide
Secondary: camera

Currently, I have the primary server running the guide camera and mount. The secondary server is running the imaging camera, but I don't really care which server does what, as long as it works .

Here are the exact commands / syntax I'm keying in:

1) Start secondary Indi server via MATE Terminal (camera):
indiserver -v indi_gphoto_ccd
(this gives me a message stating: bind: Address already in use) and I'm thinking is the source of my problem.

2) Start primary Indi server via MATE Terminal and chain to Secondary (camera):
indiserver -v indi_ieq_telescope indi_qhy_ccd "GPhoto CCD"@camera:7624

I've tried every possible combination I can think of and have even reversed primary and secondary server's roles with no luck. I have Ekos running on my remote PC and I can easily connect to one or the other server and the attached devices depending upon if I change the Host to guide or camera, but Ekos refuses to see the secondary server regardless of which one I have it set as.

Being a Linux noob, I'm out of ideas to try- I've been following these three posts here on Indilib for instructions but seem to be running in circles now:

indilib.org/forum/general/3788-running-a...o-imaging-setup.html

indilib.org/forum/wish-list/811-connecti...le-indi-servers.html

indilib.org/support/tutorials/159-indi-on-multiple-devices.html

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for any and all help you can offer!

Tom
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
5 years 1 month ago #36674

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Woo Hoo!!! I got it to work!!!

I had to reverse the order of the start-up syntax. AND, (this one's strange) I also have to start the Indi Server in Stellarmate Web Manager for the CAMERA RPI, then stop it, then close the Stellarmate Web Manager window - don't ask me why, but if I don't do this, I get a message stating - Bind: Address already in use - when I try to start the Canon camera server driver from the terminal. My guess is there may be a bug in Stellarmate Web Manager that's not releasing the port...???

Here's the syntax that works:

1) Start secondary RPI (named camera):
indiserver indi_gphoto_ccd

2) Chain to secondary FIRST and THEN start primary RPI server (named guide) devices:
indiserver "GPhoto CCD"@camera:7624 indi_ieq_telescope indi_qhy_ccd

For other people to use this, simply change the device names to the Indi names of your devices and also change the network name you assigned to your RPI/Stellarmate box (the name you used in your HOST files)
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
5 years 1 month ago #36680

• Thank you received: 301
Nice find, congratulations.

-Eric
5 years 1 month ago #36709

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds