INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can't connect Stellarmate Android App to new 1.4.0

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, this is my first post here.

Having played a bit with 1.35, I just downloaded 1.4.0 image, reflashed my microSD and updated my Stellarmate App to the latest version, bur it won't find the stellarmate hotspot.

I can connect my android device to the Stellarmate Hotspot just fine and I can also enter the new OS with VNC @ http://10.250.250.1:6080/vnc.html

...but the stellarmate android app cannot find the device when I scan for it. I tried this on two different Android devices, I keep hitting the rescan button in the app but no luck..this is weird, since when I swittch to the chrome tab with the VNC, I'm connected!

Please advise.

Many thanks
Minos
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Minos Kritikos. Reason: clarity
4 years 10 months ago #39366

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I've recently updated to the 1.4.0 OS and I'm having problems connecting too.

VNC from my desktop to Stellarmate works fine but connecting to the Web Manager works once or twice but then I am unable to access the web page.

I have tried opening the web page locally from the StellarMate desktop (via VNC) . This returns "This site cannot be reached. localhost refused to connect. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" web page.
I get the same response if I try from a browser on my desktop using the StellarMate local IP address (192.168.1.4 on my network - this is static, assigned by my router)

It seems the upgrade to 1.4.0 has broken some of the connections and I'm left wondering if this relates to the 8624 port since port 5900 is ok for VNC.

Not sure any of this will help you with your problem but you're not alone with problems after upgrading.
I'm thinking of going back to 1.3.5 for the time being.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Minos Kritikos
4 years 10 months ago #39379

Thanks for your input Chris, shame the update is broken, was eagerly looking forward to seeing it.

I'm sure an upcoming update (or two), will sort things out soon enough.

Cheers
Minos
4 years 10 months ago #39390

Thank you for the feedback. Can you share what kind of Android devices were you using? What android version?

Is Web Manager accessible? stellarmate.local:8624 ?
4 years 10 months ago #39404

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks Jasem,

Tried stellarmate.local:8624 with the same response.

Chris
4 years 10 months ago #39405

Hi Jasem.

Google Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2 (my wife's phone), bot running Android 9. Also a Chromebook running in developer mode at version 76. All of these devices would run fine with 1.3.5 and the previous version of Stellarmate App, which I now can't go back to since it's not on the app store anymore.

stellarmate.local:8624 allow me access to web manager and subsequently vnc viewer, however when I hit Start in the web manager, i get "Failed to start INDI server"

Hope this helps
Minos
4 years 10 months ago #39406

I think I know the issue. Can anyone login to SM via VNC then run htop? Is there a high CPU usage?
4 years 10 months ago #39407

it looks like the app not connect correctly to ekos live. after sign in the sign out button ist grey and out of order. i cant create profies .. or edit. or select.
4 years 10 months ago #39434

Time to create page: 1.229 seconds