INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate OS v1.4.0 and StellarMate App Feedback

This thread is for any feedback on StellarMate OS v1.4.0 and StellarMate App for Android/iOS. The App is still in beta so any testing and feedback is welcome.

To use the App, you need to get Serial Number + Licence Key which is found in stellarmate.com --> Support --> Licences
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Hogarth
4 years 9 months ago #39442

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Jasem,

Can you elaborate on what this all means.

I only have Stellarmate OS 1.3.1. I have no option to download newer versions. There is no option called licenses in my account.
Does this mean I can not use the new Stellarmate App at all?

Can you point to more information on what the new app establishes? Does it replace ekos live for instance?
4 years 9 months ago #39452

If you purchased StellarMate Controller or StellarMate OS before, then you can download SM OS v1.4 from stellarmate.com --> Products --> Orders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 9 months ago #39455

• Thank you received: 0
Hello

Running the latest 1.4 Mate image on PI3B+ and iOS app on a iPad Pro 11. PI3+ has compliant power supply.

Succeeded in registering device to my licence etc, have connected to wi-fi hotspot.

All devices selected in profile and connected, able to access EKOS tab.

Using the iPAD app I am able to use the VNC viewer to access Kstars desktop and set the temperature of the camera. So I have see it cooling to -5^o C.

Back to EKOS on the IPAD app I've selected my camera in the pull down menu and also see it cooling to target T = -5^o C .

However, I am unable to enter a new temperature in the field, eg. =-10C...can not delete the default entry (20^o C) and am not able to enter a minus number.

Is this a user error?

Regards,

Martin
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Martin Hogarth.
4 years 9 months ago #39458

• Thank you received: 40
Stellarmate app on the Android is a little fickle. If you close the app you are not always able to get back in. Right now I'm getting a spinning "Establishing Connection".
Earlier when it was connected I was not able to add any devices (camera, guider, focuser). To add a driver you click "add", but nothing is in the list. So maybe a little video showing on how to use the StellarMate App?
I did find where the VNC app was, so that's good (assuming I can get past the Establishing Connection message).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andreas Willi
4 years 9 months ago #39460

We're working on these issues. There is a problem in communicating with EkosLive on some phones/tablets, so we're looking into it.
4 years 9 months ago #39464

Ok, here is some unofficial update for testing for brave souls.

Link: www.dropbox.com/s/6fefvoo3q5hsy2c/stellarmateAppBundle.zip?dl=0

This contains updated Android App and updated ekoslive

You need to copy ekoslive to /opt/ekoslive in StellarMate and then restart StellarMate. Let me know if this at least solves the network issue on Android.

We are working on the other issues.
4 years 9 months ago #39466

• Thank you received: 10
I get an error message when trying to retrieve my serial number and license key

0 syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR)
4 years 9 months ago #39470

• Thank you received: 40
Android version: A couple of things... it did launch (getting past the "Establishing Connection" issue).
However when trying to save Primary / Guide Scope info, the info didn't seem to save. When creating a new profile (not the Simulator), the Scopes where not found (even though I did seemingly did add them).

Also if you it the 'back' android arrow too much you got the the android home screen. Then going back in I get the "Establishing Connection" message again.
4 years 9 months ago #39478

• Thank you received: 69
I get the same message.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jerry Black.
4 years 9 months ago #39481

In the App, was there a greed LED next to StellarMate? This indicates that it is online and communicating with the App.

For the scope, did you try to see if there are in the dropdown list?

Regarding the 404 Error for the licence page, it is fixed now.
4 years 9 months ago #39491

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody. Maybe my mistake has already been fixed with a mouse click :-)

Here is the summary:

Stellarmate fully registered (see username)
Wlan and LAN in your own network 100% error free.
Access to all network resources in your own network with VNC Viewer (mobile phone iOS and Win10)

Here is the error:

Stellarmate can not communicate with the Internet!
Update does not work, Chromium does not work, nothing that has to do with access. The new App 1.4 is not synonymous, but VNC
Viewer has access. It's definitely not on the network, that's a bug in the software. I would like to re-record everything, but I do not have this option.

Can you help?

Kind regards

Christian
4 years 9 months ago #39500

Time to create page: 1.018 seconds