INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate OS v1.4.0 and StellarMate App Feedback

Christian,

You need an updated SM OS. I'm working on granting this download to all users who register. Meanwhile, I sent you a private message with a temporarily download link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wes Creech
4 years 9 months ago #39507

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Christian, I had a similar problem yesterday. Everything worked, but no outside internet. I had to add a DNS entry into the network control panel in the new Ubuntu 18.04.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jerry Black.
4 years 9 months ago #39508

• Thank you received: 9
Looks like I'm in the same position and need to update SM OS on the StellarMate to 1.4. I'm still on 1.3 and this is probably the reason the tablet app isn't communicating.
4 years 9 months ago #39512

• Thank you received: 10
i am on sm 1.4 and still can't get it to communicate out the the internet. I can connect to it locally just fine.

how to I add a dns entry ??
4 years 9 months ago #39516

• Thank you received: 69
From the control centre choose Network, and then add a DNS entry. For me, I have to do this each time I restart.

EDIT: I added a DNS entry to my wi-fi Network Connection entry for my router's wi-fi and this solved the connectivity, and is persistent.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Jerry Black.
4 years 9 months ago #39519
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 40
"was there a green LED next to StellarMate?"... No there isn't. I see the what should be green (it's gray/white, but it has the correct IP under the name stellarmate)

"For the scope, did you try to see if there are in the dropdown list?" If you click the drop down it just has:
Search...
Default X (X being your check)
4 years 9 months ago #39531

• Thank you received: 40
FYI, if you use the Android Back button too many times and leave the app. You can't rejoin. If you try you'll get the "Establishing Connection" spin message.
Do it again and you'll have 2 "Establishing Connection" spins
Do it again and you'll have 3 "Establishing Connection" spins
Do it again and you'll have 4 "Establishing Connection" spins
etc.
4 years 9 months ago #39533

I fixed the DNS internet problem and reuploaded SM OS v1.4

We're checking the other issues. Thank you for your patience with this beta release, it will get sorted out!
4 years 9 months ago #39558

• Thank you received: 6
There seems to be an issue with your latest OS 1.4 Jasem. When starting up, it stops stating there's an error: Driver 'sdhost-bcm2835' is already registered, aborting…
Then you can only enter commands at the built in BusyBox Shell command prompt: (initramfs)
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Keld Henningsen.
4 years 9 months ago #39568

Keld,

Are you sure? I just checked and it's fine. The sdhost-bcm2835 message can be safely ignored. Maybe try to check the SD card and burn the image again? Did you verify the md5sums?
4 years 9 months ago #39574

• Thank you received: 6
I'm 99,8% sure, it starts up, shows the four raspberries plus driver error, then the Stellarmate galaxy then it stops with the error message only leaving me with an option to type help at the BusyBox command prompt.
I've burnt the image twice, same result.
The MD5Sum does not match, mine says bd8e0112c0586c69e210540844f44227, you have listed 572a6efa3586d1236b5f2c86516d92c8 on Stellarmate.com (have you updated it with the new MD5sum?).
I noticed that the SD card has three partitions, boot partition (199MB), primary (5,32GB) and not allocated (8,98GB), that's different from the latest versions where all available space is allocated.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Keld Henningsen.
4 years 9 months ago #39580

this md5sum for the .xz file correct? I just updated them, sha256 is 692ad689b0b0869a13481dcd47fdb585094cea188e023b594dc5f5704ec46b4b
4 years 9 months ago #39582

Time to create page: 0.771 seconds