INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing Stellarmate OS on ASI AIR

• Thank you received: 0
That's what I have in config.txt, I'm surprise to see that we don't have exactly the same file. I have in addition some #Hdmi things, could I delete it?

[pi4]
# Enable DRM VC4 V3D driver on top of the dispmanx display stack
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
max_framebuffers=2
#hdmi_enable_4kp60=1
hdmi_enable_4k=1
gpu_mem=256
max_framebuffer_width=3840
max_framebuffer_height=2160

[all]
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
enable_uart=1
3 years 3 months ago #63692

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
High Laurent,,
don't be afraid about differencies between your and my config.txt file.

Just add with an editor (use notepad or notepad2 as editor, because it is important that the end-of-line info is written in Linux standard.)

So just run windows notepad and add the lines

#Enable 12v gpio output
gpio=18,12,13,26=op,dh,pu

just ahead of the section [all].

Note that lines beginng with an "#" are commentary lines, so these lines have no effect.

Give it a try, and reboot your Pi4. It will work.

CS,
Helmut
Cologne/Germany
3 years 3 months ago #63694

Nice Helmut.

Thanks
3 years 3 months ago #63719

I installed Stellarmate 1.5.4 on an SD card and inserted it into my ASIair Pro box. I cannot connect an Android device (Samsung S8/S9/tablet) to it even though it shows up on a scan for devices. The app doesn't fully open. I tried to download the updated APK in the DropBox link but DropBox says it's been deleted. Where can I find the APK or is there another way to solve my problem?
3 years 3 months ago #64265

The new app (v2.1.0) needs SM OS v1.5.5, so install that and it should work fine.
3 years 3 months ago #64278

• Thank you received: 140
No, don’t delete anything, those lines are needed, and I have all the same as you... :)
3 years 3 months ago #64279

Thx Jasem. I installed 1.5.5 last night and it seems to have worked. I didn't have any devices connected so it wouldn't do anything. I'll connect some cameras and see what happens.

Don
3 years 3 months ago #64298

Hi, did you ever get the ASIAir Pro to work with the Stellarmate software?
What was the conclusion? Its' been 10 months. Thanks. I'm thinking of doing the
same thing with Astroberry.
2 years 4 months ago #77252

Ii was the original ASIair and I didn't get Stellarmate working. My problem was my total lack of familiarity with the Indi world. I did get my Sony A7R recognized at some level but couldn't navigate through the architecture to figure out what i needed and how to make it work.

I have an ASIair Pro now and an ASIair Plus arriving next week. If I get bored I could try again with the Pro model.

Don
2 years 4 months ago #77272

Hi,
For Your information I succeed on making stellarmate working on ASIAIR pro easily.
Just install OS in sdcard and make modifications in configuration like described above to make DC outputs working.

Laurent
2 years 4 months ago #77298

Thx Laurent. That wasn't my problem. I installed SM OS easily and it booted up fine. It was the total ignorance of how to get my A7R fully operational that flummoxed me. It recognized my Sony A7R but I couldn't do anything. It was lack of Sony support in ASIair that drove me to try SM OS. I still have two cameras that I wish I could use - a full spectrum Sony 7R and an Altair Hypercam 174 (which has a fan, not cooler). If it was easy I would convert my Pro RP4 to SM OS and run my new ASIair Plus with its cameras (I have 4!) and a astro modded Canon 6D. I have no experience with Indi, KStars, etc. That's what stopped me cold.
2 years 4 months ago #77302

I would try it with the free Astroberry first. To know it would not harm the Pro would be assuring. Having a Pi with 12v ports would be a Plus instead of investing in another Pi. You see I have the ASIAir Plus already and want to find the Pro useful in another way. So Laurent you can go back to the Pro original use after using it as a Stellarmate OS? Either company will not confirm it, they just say they don't support it of course.
2 years 4 months ago #77304

Time to create page: 1.114 seconds