INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate ver 1.4.1 and kstars 3.2.3 crashing issue

• Thank you received: 3
Stellarmate ver 1.4.1 and kstars 3.2.3 crashing issue
I have been trying to get a stable system running, but still have issues with it crashing out no logs
Equipment as follows,
Please note the QHY128c is a full frame camera with 6056 x 4084 pixels too
RPi 3+b, QHY128c, guider QHY 5ii, GPS dongle, Joystick, EQMOD AZGTi and Wunderground.
I have hardware fixed all devices by hardware allocation as my QHY128c seemed to be unstable and crashed Kstars when taking say 20 shots.
After much to do and some reading etc I have found that the reason is purely memory (1Gig)
I finally used the System monitor and did several experiments.
I made sure all fits options were default etc, but with FITS viewer enabled I noticed that the memory was around average 97% and when it failed the sys mon froze, shortly after Kstars crashed out and sys mon resumed.
disabling FITs viewer then dropped mem usage down to an average of 76%, and no crashing.
Kstars on load takes memory to about 50% memory
Ekos started with devices connected it goes to about 52%, then with imaging upto about 76% (fits viewer disabled)
However its a pain in the butt not having viewer running while doing a session for obvious reasons
Its a shame the memory is only 1G.
Any how is there something else I can do to get over this, i have for the time being resolved to only having USB2 for it etc. especially considering it is a fast USB3 cam
On another note I have tried a Rock64, but have found that the USB3 port is weak, and the QHY128c is not happy on it, it connects then fails on download or does not connect.
cheers
Clive.
4 years 9 months ago #39962
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here is a shot of sys mon, without FITS viewer enabled, as you can see its close to max limit.

Attachment not found

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Clive Garner. Reason: added pic
4 years 9 months ago #39974
Attachments:

I feel numpty like,
I have since learnt how to deal with this the right way :) as in server mode and let my stellarmate breathe, by using my win10 PC.
still a good learning exercise through error 601! :)
4 years 9 months ago #40072

Time to create page: 2.631 seconds