INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What is Stellarmate?

• Thank you received: 13
Hi,
I have bought Stellarmate as a download and ran it on an RPI3 with great results. However I needed USB3 before the RPI4 was announced and bought a Rock64Pro. I did a manual install which was pretty straightforward, but I am wondering what I may be missing from my installation compared to Stellarmate?

This was my install:
Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Desktop
X11VNCserver
Ubuntu Indi / EKOs install from download page
Astrometry Install from Align page plus a extra index files
PHD2 install

Have I missed anything? I will probably get a RPI4 and reinstall Stellarmate when all the bits work, but for now I am hoping that there are no holes in my system
(I left out teamviewer as I do not use it)
4 years 9 months ago #40605

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic What is Stellarmate?

You can take a look at my install script. This is how I set my system up. it works on other systems, not just raspberry pi

github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Dobres
4 years 9 months ago #40606

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Max Dobres on topic What is Stellarmate?

That's really useful, Although I have already installed most of the stuff, I can use it as an easy checklist. Thanks
4 years 9 months ago #40607

• Thank you received: 33

Replied by Brian on topic What is Stellarmate?

We are using very similar systems. I also use Armbian and x11vnc for a server. I also have the Stellarmate OS and use it occasionally on my Raspi 3B but most of the time I use the NanoPC-T4.

Stellarmate has the software update manager on the desktop
sudo apt install update-manager
Do you have a hotspot setup?

From what I've read the Rock64Pro is a nice RK3399 board that has been around for a bit and has good Armbian support. One thing I've learned about new sbc's is the software is not very good when they are first brought to market, the NanoPC-T4 was pretty bad a year or so ago when I bought it but now it runs nicely with only a few quirks but I've learned to work around them.
Hopefully Jasem will be offering Stellarmate on the RPi4, if/when he does I'll be buying one.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Brian.
4 years 9 months ago #40609

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds