INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI cameras new issue with latest EKOS

• Thank you received: 6
Hello, after upgrading Kstars version 3.3.3. i encountered new problem. Capturing with any ZWO camera ( 1600 & 120 ) capture will be aborted "Cap device is missing but the job requires flat or dark cap device"
What cap device??? How to fix this?
Besides I.m getting log file error 2019-08-05T20:00:05: [WARNING] Failed to load user configuration. Unable to open config file. Error loading file /home/stellarmate/.indi/ZWO CCD_config.xml: No such file or directory. To save user configuration, click Save under the Configuration property in the Options tab.
2019-08-05T20:00:00: [WARNING] Unable to purge configuration file /home/stellarmate/.indi/ZWO CCD_config.xml. Error No such file or directory
2019-08-05T19:51:50: [WARNING] Unable to purge configuration file /home/stellarmate/.indi/ZWO CCD_config.xml. Error No such file or directory
2019-08-05T19:49:18: [WARNING] Failed to load user configuration. Unable to open config file. Error loading file /home/stellarmate/.indi/ZWO CCD_config.xml: No such file or directory. To save user configuration, click Save under the Configuration property in the Options tab.
2019-08-05T19:49:17: [INFO] Debug is enabled.
2019-08-05T19:49:17: [INFO] The CCD Temperature is 0.000
2019-08-05T19:49:17: [INFO] CCD is online. Retrieving basic data.
2019-08-05T19:49:17: [INFO] Setting intital bandwidth to AUTO on connection.
What is going on?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Urmas Leming.
4 years 8 months ago #41708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
it is not asi specific. I have the same issue with atik 383l+. A work around is to change the dark calibration settings to manual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout, Urmas Leming
4 years 8 months ago #41712

• Thank you received: 6
Thanks TSeckler.! Problem solved. And ofcourse it's gonna rain 5nights... :-(
4 years 8 months ago #41733

• Thank you received: 0
Hello
Could you say me where modify this option. I'm unable to find it.
Best regards.
Bruno
4 years 7 months ago #43353

• Thank you received: 0
I'm finally found where to change. In the CCD menu put the flat and dark calibration to manuel. But I don't understand why light can be modify by these options.
Thanks for the information.
4 years 7 months ago #43354

By default the "Flat field source" is set to Manual. Unless you changed calibration settings to require a dust cap device with built-in light for example.
4 years 7 months ago #43356

Because if you have a dust cap, then when you take light images, it makes sure that it is open and not closed due to some prior operation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DIDIER
4 years 7 months ago #43367

• Thank you received: 19
Updated tonight too.
Had the same issue.
But i do not understand why it doesn´t keep the setting. Behaving very curious...
I change the settings for Flat, Dark and Bias to manual, but it alway keeps "jumping back" so i was not able to capture an image for half an hour. And now i managed to get it to work, but really don´t know how...
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
4 years 6 months ago #43618

Are you loading a sequence file? Maybe it's saved in the sequence file?
4 years 6 months ago #43627

• Thank you received: 18
This issue just costed me quite some observation time before I found this post. What I dont understand is why it was changed? It always worked that flip-flat was parked/unparked, depending on taking light, flat or dark frames. Never a problem.
I use the flip flat on and off. On when possible, but when the wind is too strong, I take it off. So this means I would have to constantly change these settings? And like the.Cakemaker is saying, the settings dont seem to stick. And I am not using a sequence file.
The preferred option would be that KStars checks if there is a flip flat of some sort connected, if so, it reads the position before taking the photo, if not, it doesn't bother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 4 weeks ago #50983

Alright, I now added a warning instead of total abort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout
4 years 3 weeks ago #50997

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds