INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

profile - confusion

• Thank you received: 11
Dear all,

A bit of confusion or misunderstanding on my part....
I have SM on a RPi running drivers local and Kstars/Ekos on my laptop.
Just bought a Shoestring FCUSB and when I add it to the profile in AUX it gives a error saying something like "error loading INDI driver etc" and I can't connect to my equipment.
However if I don't mention the FCUSB in my profile, everything starts ok INCLUDING the FCUSB.... and I can focus in Ekos.
So, no big deal. But how come? It confuses me. What needs to be mentioned in the profile and what not?

Edit:
Just realized (while at work) that I probably had to put the FCUSB under focusser in my profile ;-(( - silly!

Cheers Arnold
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Arnold de Bruin.
4 years 7 months ago #43425

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Arnold,

I helped Jasem develop the FCUSB driver and I use it all the time. It works well. Yes, you need to put it under focuser and then it will work. FYI it works both on Linux and Mac.

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #43431

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Arnold de Bruin on topic profile - confusion

Hi Wouter, thanks! But as I said, it works anyway even if I don't put it in the profile at all ;-)
4 years 7 months ago #43441

• Thank you received: 420
Aaahh I missed that. IIRC Ekos does a USB/device scan at the start and connects the hardware anyway. It has happened to me as well when I wanted to manage my DSLR camera from another application and the mount from Ekos. Ekos would still connect my DSLR camera.

In any case, I would recommend to add the FCUSB device to your profile so Ekos at least reports when it has NOT been connected or when there is a problem with the device.

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #43445

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds