INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

profile - confusion

2 months 5 days ago 2 months 5 days ago by aj55.
aj55
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
profile - confusion #43425
Dear all,

A bit of confusion or misunderstanding on my part....
I have SM on a RPi running drivers local and Kstars/Ekos on my laptop.
Just bought a Shoestring FCUSB and when I add it to the profile in AUX it gives a error saying something like "error loading INDI driver etc" and I can't connect to my equipment.
However if I don't mention the FCUSB in my profile, everything starts ok INCLUDING the FCUSB.... and I can focus in Ekos.
So, no big deal. But how come? It confuses me. What needs to be mentioned in the profile and what not?

Edit:
Just realized (while at work) that I probably had to put the FCUSB under focusser in my profile ;-(( - silly!

Cheers Arnold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 5 days ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
profile - confusion #43431
Hi Arnold,

I helped Jasem develop the FCUSB driver and I use it all the time. It works well. Yes, you need to put it under focuser and then it will work. FYI it works both on Linux and Mac.

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

2 months 5 days ago
aj55
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
profile - confusion #43441
Hi Wouter, thanks! But as I said, it works anyway even if I don't put it in the profile at all ;-)

2 months 5 days ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
profile - confusion #43445
Aaahh I missed that. IIRC Ekos does a USB/device scan at the start and connects the hardware anyway. It has happened to me as well when I wanted to manage my DSLR camera from another application and the mount from Ekos. Ekos would still connect my DSLR camera.

In any case, I would recommend to add the FCUSB device to your profile so Ekos at least reports when it has NOT been connected or when there is a problem with the device.

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds