INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ethernet connection - lower res screen

• Thank you received: 11
Dear all,
After trying fixed ip addresses etc but not succeeding in establishing a direct ethernet connection I tried a broadband router I had lying around.
And voila! Instant network and access to the Stellarmate RPi ;-) Didn't have to do anything but connecting the ethernet cables.
BUT... the screen graphics look like there is less bit depth or whatever - see attached pic from the VNC window on my laptop.
Is there any reason for this and is there anything I can do?
Cheers Arnold
4 years 7 months ago #43521
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Generally the VNC client negotiates the resolution and colour depth with the VNC server. This is (also) based on hardware measurements done at start up of the VNC server. However, many VNC clients have configuration options to override these negotiated settings. You may want to look into that for the VNC client you use on your Windows laptop.

The VNC server tries to determine how fast the hardware is at start up and I noticed that choosing the proper video driver for the X server (which, in case you don't know, is the graphical system on top of which the desktop is running) massively improves the performance and allows the VNC server to be more generous in the connection parameters. I don't have enough experience with Stellarmate and the OS (Ubuntu 18.04?) running on the RPi and the video drivers for the RPi to be of any more concrete help.

Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #43533

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds