INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StelalrMate App Video Tutorial

This is the updated StellarMate App video tutorial

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fernando, Brian
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
4 years 6 months ago #43673

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
Hello Jasem. This looks promising, I took a break from StellarMate/EKOS earlier this year after a series of unstable builds on the Mac, which are hopefully resolved now, I'm ready to try again. Was very much hoping for a native app too, looks like it's here.

How stable is the app right now?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 4 months ago #45251

The App is still in Beta, but it mostly work for simple tasks. We will release KStars v3.3.7 soon with lots of fixes and improvements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 4 months ago #45278

Thanks Jasem. And will the app work only with the Stellarmate licenced version of EKOS, or all versions?
4 years 4 months ago #45333

Aaand...just bumping this thread.

I'm now finally getting KStars/EKOS working on my RPi4, v3.4.0 seems very stable thus far...just gotta wait for our months-long cloudy night streak to come to an end. I'm accessing through VNC Viewer right now, but would love to try a dedicated app. Will the StellarMate app work on all versions of EKOS, or just the licenced StellarMate versions? I'm very happy with my current RPi/EKOS install, reluctant to change to StellarMate just for the app.

Would be happy to pay for the app to get tablet-friendly interface. Access via VNC on tablet works fine, but it's a bit clunky, clearly still favours access via a computer.

I would be very happy to be a beta tester for the app, I have some recent experience with iPad app testing.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Mark Sandford.
4 years 2 months ago #48546

• Thank you received: 140

Hello,
You need a fully licensed and paid for SM OS I’m afraid... :(
4 years 2 months ago #48547

OK, thought so. I actually do have SM subscription, but back when I bought it, KStars was in the middle of a very unstable set of builds using the Mac interface, and I gave up on it. Used SGP for most of 2019, but giving KStars another go, directly installed on my RPi4 (not via StellarMate) and I'm very impressed. Accessing through VNC, not the Mac app (I couldn't bear to go there again!!), and life is good.

So just wondering if I could use my SM membership to try again, but using my current install on RPi4? Don't want to start from scratch after many hours of compiling.

I would be happy to pay for the SM app, I understand Jasem needs to make a living off this for all the time he puts in; my suggestion really is for him to set up the app as a paid item for exactly this reason.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Mark Sandford.
4 years 2 months ago #48549

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Thank you for the tutorial. This encouraged me to consider the app. I do have a question. I saw the tool said correctly that my mount was east point west. I wanted to see if my location was close. Where is the Location for the app kept? I am looking for if I am located at my ISP and not where I am. The ISP is 50 miles north away. I do have my coordinates. Where do I put them in manually?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
3 years 3 months ago #64328

Time to create page: 0.682 seconds