INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues with software update

• Thank you received: 0
Brand new Stellarmate user - just got the unit. Looking for some assistance...

Going through the startup instructions, and when I got to the app connection screen (on iOS) and it says that it cannot continue because the version of the OS is out of date and needs to be updated.

So I went to the Stellarmate instructions for updating software, and connected to the unit using VNC. I ran the software updater from the desktop as suggested, and it failed with an error. Not much in the way of diagnostics; there is something visible in the "details" window but it auto-closes almost immediately and is replaced with a dialog that just says "package install failed". I checked at that point to see if I could connect with the app, but it still says that the software version is out of date.

Following that, I tried the command line version of the update, but I still get the same failure message. At least this time it stays around so I can read it. It says:

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-firmware-raspi2_1.20190215-0ubuntu0.18.04.1_armhf.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43430A1.hcd', which is also in package bluez-firmware 1.2-4+rpt1~bionic1.0
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken Pipe)

can anybody help? I really have no idea how to proceed here. Any suggestions much appreciated.
4 years 5 months ago #44309

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Duncan, you should be getting link to updated firmware image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duncan Kitchin
4 years 5 months ago #44313

Got it - thanks for the prompt reply. I will download and install in the morning.
4 years 5 months ago #44314

Was able to download the image, program to a new SD card, and it booted up and is running fine - I was able to register from the app without any issues.

Thanks for the assistance!
4 years 5 months ago #44349

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds