INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Powerbank for StellarMate

11 months 2 weeks ago
stefanr
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Powerbank for StellarMate #44467
I found a really good powerbank that works great to power my StellarMate when I am away from a standard power socket.
I guess all powerbanks with the right specifications will work, but it took me a while to find one that had the right specifications.
So I just want to share here, hoping that someone can use this for inspiration.

After several hours of research I ended up buying this powerbank (Deltaco PB-1069):
www.deltaco.dk/kategorier/deltaco/el-art...r/powerbanks/PB-1069

The reason I chose that was because it has a USB-A that supports 5V/3A fast charge.
According to the specifications all ports support up to 3A but I wanted to make sure that one port at least would match the precise requirements of StellarMate.

Remember that you also need to get a cable that supports 3A charging.
Apparently this is not easy to find either.

I ended up buying this cable that supports 3A charging. I was not able to find a cable more than 1m long:
www.deltaco.dk/kategorier/deltaco/kabler...a-micro-b-ha/USB-216

The StellarMate boots without any problems and I have used it with both TeamViewer and remotely from my PC via KStars/Ekos without any issues.
I have seen no warnings about voltage or anything else, so it looks like it is a perfect match.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds