INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Trying to get Stellarmate running on Raspi4

• Thank you received: 4
Thanks! That is good news. Where did you get your build for the Raspi4?

b
4 years 5 months ago #44738

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
It works for me too. If you look at the name of the file you posted above its's the RPi3 version you listed. Not the PRi4 version. There's a separate download for the RPi4. It should be in the same download area after you log into the StellarMate site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 5 months ago #44743

• Thank you received: 182
KStars definitely works under Raspbian, Ubuntu MATE and Manjaro Linux on the RPi4.

Running under Manjaro as I am writing this using ASI120MM (USB2 version) for guiding and DSLR Nikon3300 on iOptron SmartEQPro+.

bemart: The RPi3 image will not work on the RPi4.
4 years 5 months ago #44749

• Thank you received: 140
When you log onto your SM account, and go to your orders, then downloads, there will be two files, one is for rpi3 and the other rpi4, you have downloaded the incorrect version... :)
4 years 5 months ago #44762

• Thank you received: 3
From the Stellarmate page. I didn't know there were two images and downloaded the wrong one first. ;)
4 years 5 months ago #44839

• Thank you received: 4
Thanks to everyone who responded. I found the tight build and it installed fine. Only issues so far are "flaky" wireless connection and autoguiding. Likely both are "self-inflicted" problems so I will try again on the next clear night.

Brian
4 years 5 months ago #44852

• Thank you received: 0
I've been running on the RP4 for a couple of months with pretty good success overall. However, with the most recent software updates (the automatic ones you can download from the updater tool on Stellarmate desktop) I am getting the blank black screen on both of my two stellarmates. Trying to burn a fresh copy now to see if it resolves the issue, but wondering if you have had this issue come up again?
4 years 4 months ago #45264

I'm experiencing the same just a blank screen. tried flashing the SD card twice using balena etcher on my Raspberry pi 4 8GB. I'm using the StellarMate OS v1.5.2 image downloaded from my orders page in my account.
The Pi boots so far showing me the colour swatch then some script that flashes up to fast to read then blank screen.

Please help.
Thanks.
3 years 9 months ago #55319

So for the 8GB version, you must disable zramswap service for it to work. If you can run SM OS on the 2/4GB version, then run this first:
sudo systemctl disable zramswap

Then restart and place the SD card in the 8GB version. This is a temporary work around until SM OS v1.5.3 is released with the official fix.
3 years 9 months ago #55320

Thanks Knro,

This is my first pi 4 so looks like I'm going to have to wait for the 1.5.3 update, when will this update go live.

Regards and thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Mark Fowler.
3 years 9 months ago #55322

• Thank you received: 3
Any idea when SM 1.5.3 might be available? I know you have pretty frequent updates...
3 years 9 months ago #56069

It's very close to being released, I'd estimate 2 weeks. Maybe an extra week if there are any show-stoppers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Fowler, Jeremy Taylor
3 years 9 months ago #56092

Time to create page: 0.831 seconds