INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate 1.4.4 rpi4 problems

• Thank you received: 0
Hi!
Finally had about an hour of clear sky to test SM for the first time and I had some problems.
1. First of all, after some time (about half of an hour) it disconnect and I can't do anything. I can connect to the wifi, but I can't connect to id via VNC or just app. The only solution is to restart it by unplugging power cable.
2. Mobile app crashes every time I want to start do a polar align and I think it can be because of poin 3.
3. When I want to make Polar Align using VNC the whole Align tab is inactive, I can't use it any way.
4. When I want to control it via mobile app itself (not via vnc) I need to register almost every time when I'm connecting to it.

Anyone have any of this problems on rpi4?
4 years 4 months ago #45871

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Sounds like WiFi issues to me.
4 years 4 months ago #45877

It's not wifi issues, it happen when I'm using rpi4 with screen, mouse and keyboard connected directly (except for the point 2 which is app issue).

I just wonder If I'm the only one who have align and polar align tab in Ekos inactive on rpi4? Or maybe is it because of the mount I'm using (Star Adventurer)?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Kajetan.
4 years 4 months ago #45893

• Thank you received: 31
Does your mount come up in the INDI Control Panel when you start up?
4 years 4 months ago #45911

I reached to the online chat on SM page and I have answer.
2. fixed in recent update. APP didn't support manual slew in polar alignment and if you had no telescope set it would crash.
3. I was dumb. If you're using mount that you can't connect directly to the SM you need to use mount simulator and then manual slew in the PA tab (it's now active)
4 years 4 months ago #45929

• Thank you received: 420
Sorry to have given you wrong advise then. I assumed that setting no Mount/Telescope would be OK. It makes sense to set a Telescope Simulator and use manual slewing.

Wouter
4 years 4 months ago #45930

Time to create page: 0.984 seconds