INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Beta 1.4.6

• Thank you received: 3

Beta 1.4.6 was created by Fernando

What a difference the new beta runs, at least for me. I was having so many problems with the 1.4.5 with permission issues on some programs that 1.4.6 resolved that.
  1. 16 second start up
  2. 10 degrees cooler run (was 46C now runs at 39C with fan
  3. No WiFi or hot spot issues
  4. Updated my RTC and Solaar
  5. VNC hooks up no issues
  6. Dashboard working but issue with the desktop icon(opens chromium but not dashboard(updated the link to work)
  7. mem at 30%, process at 32.5% ,storage 12.5%(using 120 gig ssd boot and storage)
  8. Web manager pulls up no issues saving data
  9. No issues with Internet cable plug in
I have not set the PRI4 on the mount yet, will try to load up the camera, mount, guide cam, focuser, later today or tomorrow. Have to snow blow out the driveway and deck. So far just bench tested for one day, need couple days and clear skies before I can give it a test.
4 years 3 months ago #46443

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Wes Creech on topic Beta 1.4.6

How does one obtain SM 1.4.6? Did you have to inquire with Jasem for a link? My SM account only shows 1.4.5.
4 years 3 months ago #46477

Replied by Fernando on topic Beta 1.4.6

Yes, Email Jasem so he can give you the link and password for the file. So far I have not had any problems with the new beta.
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46491

Today I mounted the RPI4 running the new beta 1.4.6 on my telescope mount (Indoors). connected my DSLR(Canon). Orion Starshoot Autoguider, GPS module, Ascom mount, used a powered hub, and SSD. I pulled up the dashboard to check things out and my RPI4 operating temp was up in the 62C, I turned the fan on to see if it would make a difference and temp came down to 42C with fan on(this was indoors).
I went through all the steps, created profile, set up drivers, started & connected to server, test slew, plugged internet cable and unplugged it, hot spot kicked it.
I enabled home WiFi connection, that worked. did test sequence to make sure very thing worked out. no problems.
The real test will be using it outside on my observatory set up once the weather clears a bit and the ice melts off my out riggers to pull roof.
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46493

• Thank you received: 139

Replied by Andrew Burwell on topic Beta 1.4.6

I'm running 1.4.5 Stellarmate on a RPi4, and I get out of memory errors about every 4 hours. It's pretty frustrating as I can't run it all night. I also ran into another issue where weather data was erroneous, despite being clear, got a signal that poor weather was approaching and shut everything down. I had to remove openweather to stop it from shutting things down. I only had it set to alert me....strange.
4 years 3 months ago #46543

Andrew, try the 1.4.6 Beta, it runs with Ubuntu Mate, which is easier to work with. At least I had Ubuntu Mate running in my RPI3 before I purchased the Stellarmate o/s. Email support at stellarmate and see if they can send you the link.
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46560

Ok, i have been trying to connect to the Beta 1.4.6 via bluetooth with at Stellarmate app(I am testing the beta 1.4.6 O/S with my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I have downloaded the latest Stellarmate app dated Nov 2019 to no avail, I am paired in BT and connected to the Wifi on the tablet. When using my phone I can connect via wifi with no problem. So I started experimenting and found another app called bVNC Free that works with my Samsung Table . I am sure there are other VNC out there but this works for me.
Open app
select Basic VNC in the connection Settings then next section
enter your wifi ip address first line
Stellarmate PW in the third line
leave the 5900 port as is
Click on the Connect button located up right hand corner of screen.
I plan to us this on my Samsung Galaxy tablet till the bugs get worked . Works just like regular VNC, I dont know if this might help someone else but like I said works for me.
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46586

Ok two weeks of bench testing, RTC, GSP Module, Solaar looking good, just waiting for UPS to delivery my fan for RPI4, All scopes information loaded up and indexes checked(just needed two index files for my STC 8 inch). Booting nicely on the SSD drive and data backed up. On to the observatory tonite for some testing. Weather looks good...
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46612

Just got done with the first night of beta 1.4.6, a few driver issues but that was operator error, guiding spot on, imaging sequence was great, plate solving right on target, basically no issues with wifi.
Nino
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 3 months ago #46624

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Wes Creech on topic Re:Beta 1.4.6

I had good success with 1.4.6 as well on the Pi4. Last night everything ran all night, meridian flip performed perfectly. Phd2 guiding was spot on. I did however have one kstars crash when switching from stretched fits to un-stretched fits in summary preview. Other than that I find no issues so far. I didn’t test polar alignment, but did test plate solving which worked perfectly as well as the mount modeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 years 3 months ago #46640

Replied by Fernando on topic Re:Beta 1.4.6

I has the same issue with the summary preview screen last night, if it is clear tonite then time for another test. Ditto on the alignment module, if the plate solver was working then the alignment module should work. I only chopped off enough ice off the outriggers to move the roof, get some slewing tests/plate solving and imaging to the south. I felt good about this beta that I pulled my windows pc out of the observatory last night.
Nino
4 years 3 months ago #46643

Time to create page: 1.018 seconds