INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

1.4.6 release - impressions, problems, etc. Please post.

• Thank you received: 9
I thought it was laggy with VNC at 1080P so at 4K, I can't imagine ;-) Are you using WIFI or Ethernet?
4 years 3 months ago #46941
The topic has been locked.
Hi Max,

I just installed everything for apt-get -y dist-upgrade and then restarted, I can't replicate any issues. I disconnected Ethernet from SM and it took 15 seconds for the hotspot to kick in.
4 years 3 months ago #46942
  • Thank you received: 140

Actually tried both, and does not make much difference, which I also though was odd, as with gigabyte Ethernet you would expect a better speed, but no.... :(
4 years 3 months ago #46943
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

So just to add to my previous post regarding Wifi dropping when connecting my ZWO 294 to the RPI4 with Stellarmate 1.4.6:

I flashed Astroberry 2.0 last night and used the exact same hardware, connected all my gear in the same way, ZWO 294 into the USB3 port etc, and Wifi hotspot is stable. No issues. Yipee!!!
So for me this certainly discounts any power source noise issues, low power issues (I'm using a 12v 6A), or RPI4 hardware issue.
In fact it squarely points the problems at being within the Stellarmate software/image and perhaps the drivers/kernel modules being used to run the RPI4 hardware.

Not sure what more I can do, what logs I could provide etc, so that we can get Stellarmate as stable as rock rock too as I like the product and paid for it. But I'm some sense I'm disappointed, as its been a struggle getting things up and running, and I've raised support requests with the Stellarmate team and not had any replies.

For now I will stick with Astroberry 2.0 and concentrate on getting my skills up capturing a few nebulae :)
So excited!
Clear skies all.
4 years 3 months ago #46946
Correct, this is most likely to do with Ubuntu 64bit kernel. It only happens with ZWO cameras for some strange reason. Still working on it.
4 years 3 months ago #46947
  • Thank you received: 86
Jasem - thanks for checking!
I am not sure on what's going on...
I consistently get this hotspot behavior with RPI4.
Maybe my unit is special in some way.
I'll re-flash and try again.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
4 years 3 months ago #46964
It could be 64bit Kernel, by January we will have the stable release for RPI4 ready.
4 years 3 months ago #46969
  • Thank you received: 40

Just in time for clear weather! :) (dang clouds)
4 years 3 months ago #46975
  • Thank you received: 1
I checked today and a lot of problems in RPI4 with wifi when connect a usb 3 device. The 1.4.6 very slow compared with Astroberry 2.0.0, that works very fine, estable and fast than stellarmet, at lest for RPI4.

Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk
4 years 3 months ago #46993
  • Thank you received: 3
I tried it for the first time last night in the field. It seems to run OK except for when running PHD2. When running PHD2 everything slows down, the same problem I had in 1.4.5.
RPi 4B (4gb) running Stellarmate OS
Skywatcher Quattro 250 with f4 coma corrector
Skywatcher Evostar 80ED with 0.85 reducer/flattener
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6,
ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO 8x1.25" EFW,
Guide scope 50x190mm, Guide camera ASI290MM
ZWO EAF focuser
4 years 3 months ago #47019
  • Thank you received: 140

Yes me too, but to be honest mine slows right down as soon as Kstars has been open for a few minutes..... :(
4 years 3 months ago #47030
  • Thank you received: 40
Had a great night imaging last night. I opened a Christmas gift early (ZWO ASi1600 Mono)... my excuse is the rarity of clear nights. And you know how new equipment calls in the bad weather!

Anyways, I had one lockup after a bunch of imaging (I almost got all the way through my Blue images).

Restarting I was event free all night.

One thing, my network (I use an ethernet connection for the speed) worked from a boot after I removed my powered USB hub. I no longer needed it because of the 2 extra on the camera. First time I didn't need to unplug all my USB3.0 cables before trying to connect. I suspect my wireless would be working if I tried. I'm not because of the +10x speed on my hardwire.

The ASTAP worked beautifully and quickly. Astro.net still did have the correct FOV . I use a focal reducer and must not think of that when it auto calculates my FOV. ASTAP seems to.
4 years 3 months ago #47089
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds