INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

1.4.6 release - impressions, problems, etc. Please post.

• Thank you received: 10
also, this was an interesting read regarding wifi and the pi4.
notenoughtech.com/raspberry-pi/2019-rasp...-network-speed-test/

based on this I decided to use an old apple airport express as an access point and connect it to the pi4 ethernet plug and the pi4 seemed very responsive when using safari browser on my iMac inside to vnc to the pi4 at my telescope outside, otherwise the pi4 5ghz wifi signal strength was only 1 bar. the pi4 automatically recognized and used the ethernet connection .
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Brent.
4 years 3 months ago #47311
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 40

Good article. I even feel better using my Ethernet hard wire.
4 years 3 months ago #47340
  • Thank you received: 9
I have an issue where it will stop responding to mouse clicks and need to press the control key for it to respond. At first I thought it was my Mac acting up with noVNC but I connected the HDMI display and mouse to the Stellarmate and the same issue occurs.

It happens after there is a high CPU load, such as plate solving or using the mount control while doing live video from my DSLR camera.

Additionally it won't switch out of Hotspot mode and recognize any nearby wifi signals to connect. KStars no longer locks up when closing the live video or loop of the Nikon DSLR.
4 years 3 months ago #47448
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, having issues with 1.4.5 so just installed 1.4.6. Indoor test only so not sure if I will have the same problem. I goto a target and use ASTAP to plate solve and align, (very impressed with ASTAP, solves in seconds) I then start a sequence , kstars will crash. It is very consistent. If ASTAP fails in its plate solve for any reason and I start the sequence, it will run through, albeit my target is not centered!!! Hope to test this again when the clouds go away, If I don't use ASTAP to center my target, the sequence will run through without crashing.

Equipment is: ioptron ieq45 pro, sky safari, qhy 168C, pole master and qhy5L-IIc

For 1.4.6
  • Wifi Hotspot comes up automatically but it takes 1Min 57Sec for the hotspot to show up from power on. Must have rebooted over 50 times and every time it is exactly the same time to the second. Bootup time only is 30 secs
  • If I leave it on Auto, the Wifi always uses the 2.4Ghz band so I manually set to to the 5Ghz band to get the faster speed.
  • I initially had the same issues with the WiFi dropping out but that disappeared after I did a reset of the network configuration with the manual configuration to lock it on the 5GHz band.
  • VNC over 4K is very laggy but at 1920x1080 is it very fast.

Now for my issues (haven't done an update, just downloaded the image)
  • There seems to an issue with my mount and sky safari - If I just plug in my 3 cameras, all the cameras work.
  • If I then add my mount, I need to plug everything in a certain order, otherwise the Polemaster will crash kstars when taking a drak frame or the 5L occasionally does not show up in the indi panel, or all three cameras are unable to take an image and no messages in the indi panel. It is like ekos has lost communications with the cameras. The order is the three cameras first and then my mount before starting the indi server. Mount has to be on the first USB port but the last device to be plugged in
  • If I then add in Sky Safari as an aux device, I see it connecting to the server but when I press connect in Sky Safari on my ipad, I see a message in the indi panel saying the client cannot connect so my ipad is communicating with the Pi but cannot connect to kstars. This occurs in both the Pi3 and Pi4. Works on 1.4.4
  • When I add in Sky Safari and take a dark frame with the Polemaster, kstars crashes, doesn't occur when it is a light frame!!!! Not too much of an issue as I probably would never take a dark frame with my polemaster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 3 months ago #47546
I can't get through more than bout 25 subs with 1.4.6 just freezing. the pi4 is still awake as I can move files from the pictures directory, but kstars just freezes........
4 years 3 months ago #47717

That's too long. Can you run this command?
systemd-analyze blame

What's the output?
4 years 3 months ago #47719
I have had the same freezing on a brand new RPi4. The mouse moves but doesn't respond to any clicks.

I also loose ability to control-click which has happened on both the original Stellarmate and the replacement RPi4
4 years 3 months ago #47729
yep that sounds exactly like what I am seeing. I really want to be able to get through zn imaging session with my rpi4 but unfortunately it seems that its just not ready, the freezes render it basically unusable for me right now.

Jaseem, I wonder what is your recommendation for using stellar mate at this stage for full production and imaging ?? do you consider 1.4.6 for the pi4 sd an unstable beta , and not recommended for a real imaging session ?? id 1.4.6 for the pi3 considered stable and useable ?

thanks
4 years 3 months ago #47737
The Rpi4 was not connected to anything and occurred while using the Simulator profile. Although it's been running fine for the last 24hrs, but with minimal user interaction.
4 years 3 months ago #47738
  • Thank you received: 1

Output attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: blame.txt
File Size:3 KB

Tested in the field last night and kstars crashes after I do an alignment with ASTAP and then start an image sequence. Crashes after taking 1 to 2 images. WIll open a trouble ticket as it seems like no one else is having the same problem. Unfortunately had to revert to using my Astroberry image as everything is working on that system on a Pi4
4 years 3 months ago #47743
Attachments:
tried again tonight, and just turned everything on and connected to my devices asi camera/focuser/filterwheel/ioptron and started ekos snd just left it alone waiting to get dark, and about an hour laster kstars was frozen again without doing anything but start it up.......

so frustrating, was hoping to get some more subs on the heart tonight......
4 years 3 months ago #47748
  • Thank you received: 0
Finding this all a bit depressing. I'm not having the greatest time setting this all up to get anywhere to working. I have StellarMate running on a RPi4 4Gb. Connected to this are my Altair Hypercam 183C ProTEC, Pegasus FocusCube V2, SSAG and EQMod cable hooked up to my HEQ5-Pro mount. My scope is an Altair 102ED-R.

Spent the whole day trying to setup the focusing. Would be good if within the software you could dictate absolute zero when fully retracted. Had so set this up externally with the Pegasus software only for the thing not to realise I had it in reverse. Bottom line a lot of faffing about just to get this going. Next tried to focus my camera during the day using the loop function. It was hit and miss if it worked. Lost the camera most times and had to disconnect within INDI and reconnect tons of time. I couldn't adjust the gain or frame rate satisfactorily. I ran out of time. Finally the scope would not connect within INDI despite the port being registered.

I'm wondering if this is was money wasted or well spent thinking when I purchased this it was kind of plug and play and pretty fool proof. Give me freedom! Don't know weather the RPi4 is coping with all 4 USB plugs taken up despite mount, Hypercam and focused having their own PSU. Only the SAGG is drawing power from the RPi4. My HyperCam does have 2 powered USB on rear but when I plug anything into them the RPi4 doesn't recognize them at all.

I have another 3 days free to play with this. If I don't get it to work by then I think I am just going to use the RPi4 for gaming or something and go back to using APT or SharpCap. So far... Not what I have expected. Who do I speak too about refunds on products not being fit for purpose?
4 years 2 months ago #48199
Time to create page: 1.562 seconds