INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Is there a way to minimize the Ekos GUI with window controls?

5 months 1 day ago
dmsummers
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Is there a way to minimize the Ekos GUI with window controls? #47612
Related to the last post on increasing display size, in my situation, the Pi4 StellarMate OS main menu choices for "Preferences, Displays" didn't well represent my laptop monitor resolution. I needed to add an additional resolution size to the OS main menu Preferences - Displays selection menu.
Use instructions found at the website below to explore and then add the resolution that best fits your PC/Laptop display resolution:
ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2017/04/cus...tion-ubuntu-desktop/
I was able to follow those instructions exactly to add and resize the Pi4 display (and by extension VNC). You might not get an exact match to your desired resolution, but I found that if I entered numbers that I wanted, a nearest best match was returned. I then just configured and used the nearest match resolution, and it worked well. In my case, my laptop prefers a "closest match" window size (no scroll bars) of "1856x1000". Much better overall Pi4/KStars GUI real-estate config. So far, so good! Hope this helps others too.

RASA11, Celestron CGX-L, ASI183mc Pro, 60mm guider + ASI290mm mini, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Rpi4-4Gb+SSD, Powered USB3 hub, hardwire Ethernet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 day ago
SmackAstro
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Is there a way to minimize the Ekos GUI with window controls? #47614
Thanks Rolf. This is great to know. This behaviour has always annoyed me. This does raise the question, however, why isn't separate windows the default behaviour? What is the advantage of the current default behaviour?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds