INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Goodbye... For now.

• Thank you received: 0
Decided life is too short. Stellarmate doesn't like my setup. I can't justify buying a new camera because my one isn't fully supported so will go back to using wired connections and my laptop and software I know that works with my setup.

The idea sounded good at the time. Shame some issues weren't so clear otherwise I may have not wasted the last 3 months and limited clears skies we had here in blighty on this gadget.

I'll be back... If they iron out the issues with my camera or I end up buying a new camera.

Clear skies...
4 years 1 month ago #49781

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Goodbye... For now.

Vaya con dios y hasta siempre, amigo!
4 years 1 month ago #49811

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by David Tate on topic Goodbye... For now.

Hate to see anyone go... but I understand.

Maybe you might think about using the Raspberry as a wireless hub so you don't have to run multiple wires inside the house (assuming you want to do you work inside). Not sure how this would be done, but for me... the cold and later mosquitoes keep me from hanging out outside. Plus I can watch movies and the like inside.

That being said I ran a ethernet cable inside to my hub... which gives me 11mb per second vs the <1mb I was getting wireless. But that's only one cable and I don't thin USB can run anywhere near the 100ft I have my ethernet cable.

Good luck and hang in there.
4 years 1 month ago #49816

I agree!

An Ubuntu MATE install on an RPi4 or on a miniPC (painless) works just fine. I would not give up Indi/Ekos for all the tea in China. At least not the way it works for me now, and that is LIGHTYEARS better than 2.5 years ago when I set it up for the first time.
Moreover, I have made lots of friends here across the world, and that in itself is worth the occasional hiccups 10x over.

I would suggest you hang in there. We as a community can fix all the problems (mostly), just ask.

Jo
4 years 1 month ago #49856

According to Jasem this is not going to be an easy fix. So can't really hang in there and waste time trying to fix something that can't be fixed without the manufactures lending technical support.

Been trying out N.I.N.A over last 24hrs setting stuff up. And although it's a wired setup the GUI is beautiful to work with and it's FREE. So far so good...

Jasem said he'll be in touch if they manage to get the SDK needed to fix this problem. I'll be back only then or if the sun rises in the West.
4 years 1 month ago #49865

That's easy then!
I will write to our Supreme Leader in Washington to have the sun rise in the West from now on.
Consider it done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 1 month ago #49868

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by giorgio on topic Goodbye... For now.

Just for awareness, what is your camera make and model?
4 years 1 month ago #49901

Altair Astro Hypercam 183C Pro TEC
4 years 1 month ago #49915

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds