INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues?

3 months 2 weeks ago
Highkamp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues? #50860
It seems that to avoid lagging issues people are running Kstars on their PC, and Ekos on the RPi remotely. How do I run Kstars on PC but Ekos remotely since Ekos requires Kstars to work?? If I run kstars on my RPi with Stellarmate, it does not seem to sync, etc. with time, and scope. There must be a way people are running the Kstars correctly on PC while running their equipment on SM on the RPi via ekos. I cannot seem to understand how this is done. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago 3 months 2 weeks ago by dmsummers. Reason: fixed typo
dmsummers
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues? #50864
You can't run kstars separately from Ekos. They run together. However, you CAN run INDI remotely and have your kstars/ekos PC env connect to your equipment and INDI remotely. Search the forum for "remote INDI" and you'll see how to do this. I no longer run this way, but I used to run a script on the Pi when I wanted to do this. It launched the indi server with the drivers I wanted as parameters. Then, I would just start the PC env with kstars/ekos, and it would connect remotely (after of course setting the profile information). If you can't figure it out from a search of the forum how to do this, post again and you'll get help. Half the fun is the learning. Cheers, Doug

RASA11, Celestron CGX-L, ASI183mc Pro, 60mm guider + ASI290mm mini, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Rpi4-4Gb+SSD, Powered USB3 hub, hardwire Ethernet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds