INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate app - connection to Ekos lost

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I just installed the latest Stellarmate OS on my RPi3. I am also using the newest Stellarmate App on my iPad. The app is set up to connect to the gadget, no problem there.

That said the connection is lost as soon as I am closing the app on my iPad. I can't switch to Ekos screen. If I return to the connect screen I see that there is no green light in the "Auto Scanned" list. Restarting "Equipment Profiles" does not finish. However, I can still connect to the device screen, e.g. starting a VNC login.

Do you have any idea what is happening here?

Thank you for any help!

Clear skies
Stephan
4 years 4 days ago #51091

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
I am on the same page as you. Just after a few taps in the app, it stops responding and the connection green light is greyed out. At the same time, I can successfully log in via VNC with no issues.
3 years 10 months ago #54248

If you tab on the device again, does the light go green again after a few seconds?
3 years 10 months ago #54334

• Thank you received: 41
It takes quite a few seconds to go green again (even a minute).

I've tried to reinstall the app, restart the unit, etc. with no luck. I've tried dozens of times to view my gear properly but had luck only once!
In the meantime, VNC in the same unit works flawlessly.

I do not know if this is even a hint, but while the app is trying to connect all my gear, I think most of the time stay on 'mount connection" with the spinning gear. I have an AZ GTi with Lynx cable and an independent power source from RPI4.
3 years 10 months ago #54627

AZ GTi is shown as connected? If that's the case, then we need to check the signal for the mount perhaps it is not reaching the app. Thank you for the report, I've logged the issue and we'll work on it.
3 years 10 months ago #54682

• Thank you received: 0
I confirm that I have the same problems connecting to android. The device icon is gray, not active. Registration takes place, then the connection and after a while the connection error :(
3 years 8 months ago #56764

is KStars running on StellarMate? Make sure it's not closed.
3 years 8 months ago #56786

• Thank you received: 0
Did not pay attention, check it out
3 years 8 months ago #56798

Time to create page: 0.837 seconds