INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ioptron ipolar

• Thank you received: 10

Ioptron ipolar was created by Brent

I see the ioptron i-polar as an option in the latest stellamrate 1.5.1. does that mean that is fully supported for use as the polar alignment camera ??

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Misisco
4 years 1 week ago #51609

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Ioptron ipolar

I started working on the support for it based on the V4L driver but never really managed to test it fully. To my best of knowledge it works but I am not sure to what extend.

Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Tanveer Singh
4 years 1 week ago #51617

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Tanveer Singh on topic Ioptron ipolar

Hello
I am new to this forum. I have only used ASI AIR in the past, and windows laptops. Am familiar with using and installing linux as well as MAC.
Due to proprietary nature of ASI-AIR, I was looking to compile astroberry on Rasberry Pi, but Stellarmate OS with raspberry Pi 4 seems like a complete solution.

I have the GEM45, and I was planning to get an used cheap laptop for using iOptron Polar alignment. But searching the web brought me here.

Apologies if my questions are too basic.

I am assuming Stellarmate OS on Pi 4 can handle image capture and guiding with QHY cameras along with filter wheels etc.,?

If it indeed can do all the regular stuff (guiding, image capture, plate solve and sync mount) I would like to go this route. Would it help if I can test out stellarmate on iPolar? I can do field testing from my backyard since polaris is one thing which is visible (can't say much about anything else)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Craig
3 years 11 months ago #53389

I cannot comment on the QHY cameras since first of all you don't specify which one(s) you have and secondly I don't own any. To my best of knowledge the GEM45 works in the sense of guiding and mount syncing. Any testing with iPolar would be very helpful. However, I currently do not have the mount nor a iPolar at my disposal so I will not be able to help with any trouble shooting other than inspecting logs.

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #53412

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ioptron ipolar

iPolar support is not certain.. there is no SDK for iOptron for Linux and it's recognized as a Video4Linux device but don't know how well it works, if at all. Usually these things are resolved either by the manufacturer making some effort to release an SDK on Linux, or some developer with access to the camera and some time can hack a way to isolate and fix all the issues.
3 years 11 months ago #53419

Replied by Brent on topic Ioptron ipolar

I was able to connect to the I-polar and the polar alignment routine gives me the option to select the I-polar as the camera for the polar alignment routine. but too cloudy to test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Tanveer Singh
3 years 10 months ago #54960

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Tanveer Singh on topic Ioptron ipolar

Hi
How do you buy the Ekos Live module from stellarmate OS?
3 years 10 months ago #54963

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Ioptron ipolar

Just take a picture of the horizon at dusk or your living room ceiling (just has to be dark enough for the image not to wash out at the shortest exposure you can select in Ekos).

If you can get an image there, it almost certainly will work when you aim it at the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 10 months ago #54977

yep it doesn't work get all kinds of weird errors when trying to capture an image
3 years 10 months ago #55101

Can you enable verbose logging and post the logs here? Then we can see if those errors can be fixed.
3 years 10 months ago #55119

ok thanks I will try, but first I have to get a focuser to stay connected to my stellar mate......the acmo port with rigel and celestron focusers keeps dropping connection, driving me crazy.............
3 years 10 months ago #55122

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Stuart Buchanan on topic Ioptron ipolar

I have one of these i would love to get working. i use this on my main rig using ASCOM so have an intel nuc to Run it, but for my secondary i recently picked one up. but up to now i use my laptop plugged in directly to a laptop whilst polar aligning. usually with the mount unpowered and then plug in the mount camera and stellarmate RPi and then start imaging, but would be great to not have to do this manual step as much.
3 years 7 months ago #58928

Time to create page: 0.960 seconds