INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FireCapture on SM OS

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Stefan R. on topic FireCapture on SM OS

You can make it much more responsive by adjusting the performance settings in FireCapture:
www.wonderplanets.de/FireCapture/help/se...Settings_Performance

Try the different pre-sets and see how it affects responsiveness and pick one that suits you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 6 months ago #59727

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic FireCapture on SM OS

I get this same result on Ubuntu 20.04.1 on an Odroid-N2, but I haven't figured out the problem yet.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Jerry Black.
3 years 6 months ago #59771

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Max Dobres on topic FireCapture on SM OS

I have tried Firecapture on both Astroberry & Stellermate and it's much slower on Stellarmate. I have the same FC performance settings, I am running on a new install of Stellermate Updated on an RPI 4. I have the heap adjusted as specified.
It is slow without running Kstars in the background. I am concerned that if I have the whole system running with guiding it may not work.
Before this I was just running Indi/EKOS and everything was fine. If I wanted to capture planetary videos, I ran Firecapture on a seperate PC and once I had centered and focused the planet in EKOS., I then unplugged from Ekos and plugged my ZWO camera direct into my laptop, leaving EKOS to guide. Firecapture was very responsive on the laptop, the SER files are huge, around 2.5gb for 4 mins even with a restricted FOV. I wonder if Firecapture is just too much for a little PI.
3 years 5 months ago #61132

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Rafa Barberá on topic FireCapture on SM OS

I've been using FireCapture 2.6 on Astroberry on a Raspberry Pi4 with great success. I've KStars/Ekos running in the background guiding the mount (running OnStep). My camera is ZWO ASI120MM-S running with USB3.0. Taking videos of Mars and Jupiter I was able to capture 70fps frames with a ROI of 400x400px. When I increase the frame size I must reduce the frame rate.

On this video you can see a screen recording from the vnc client running on on iPad connected via wifi Astroberry on RPI4

And the results :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Wong, Craig, David Tate
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Rafa Barberá.
3 years 5 months ago #61145
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Great thread here, thanks a ton for the installation script @stefanr, saved tons of time. Just sharing with someone who can come here for troubleshooting - if FC keeps crashing after recording with this error in the end of dump:

"Error I see ./jre/bin/java: symbol lookup error: /home/pi/Desktop/Fire Capture/Ephemerides.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5Vec3DC1Ev"

all you have to do is delete Ephemnerides.so file (or rename it for later use if you want) and it solved the problem right away.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Dainius Urbanavicius.
3 years 5 months ago #61587

• Thank you received: 1
With reguards to the "Error I see ./jre/bin/java: symbol lookup error: /home/pi/Desktop/Fire Capture/Ephemerides.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5Vec3DC1Ev" I did try the resolution to rename or delete the Ephemmerides.so library and that did seem to resolve the issue.

My question is what is that library used for and is it needed?

Thanks
3 years 5 months ago #61800

• Thank you received: 2
Has anyone found a solution to the lag? I have installed the FC on SM as it was described (many thanks for it) with heap 1024 then 512 but it's extremely slow the whole system.
Under Astrobbery is works like a charm, I don't understand what could be the difference.
3 years 5 months ago #62079

• Thank you received: 86

Replied by maxthebuilder on topic FireCapture on SM OS

I don't understand it either, why it's so slow and resource-hungry under SM. Under AB it's fine.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by maxthebuilder.
3 years 5 months ago #62080

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by freiform on topic FireCapture on SM OS

Have a look at the Display Framerate (Top left button in the display frame). A default installation sets this to MAX, which a RPi cannot handle properly. Reduce to a value that allows smooth operation and you'll be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andres Rossi
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by freiform.
3 years 5 months ago #62090

• Thank you received: 6
The same here. Trying to start with:
./start.sh

but it fails with:
/FireCapture_v2.6_armhf/start.sh: line 33: ./jre/bin/java: No such file or directory
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Ladislav Heller.
3 years 5 months ago #62091

• Thank you received: 2
It helps a bit, ( I set 5 frames), but it still is far-far away from the performance under AB.
3 years 5 months ago #62092

• Thank you received: 6
Hi!

This is not for Stellarmate OS, but for <strong>Ubuntu Mate 20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa) 64bit</strong>, but maybe helps to someone.

The reason why on this system the execution of <em>start.sh</em> fails with <em>No such file or directory</em> is simple:
Firecapture v2.6 is a <strong>32bit application</strong> and by default it is not allowed to execute on 64bit OS.

To enable Firecapture v2.6 on 64bit Ubuntu Mate we need to run following from command line:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:armhf libncurses5:armhf libstdc++6:armhf libxext6:armhf libxrender1:armhf libxtst6:armhf libusb-1.0:armhf

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/your/FireCapture/folder

Happy capturing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Axel , Lupták Norbert
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Ladislav Heller.
3 years 5 months ago #62093

Time to create page: 1.756 seconds