INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Multiple WiFi adapters and forcing networks.

• Thank you received: 2
Hi, I've bought a USB wifi adapter for my pi4 hosting stellarmate. I'd like to run the stellarmate hotspot on the inbuilt wifi adapter and then have the other adapter connect to my home network(s) if they are in range (e.g. I'm at home rather than in a field). Is there a way I can tell the wifi configuration to only connect to certain networks on certain adapters and tell stellarmate to always run the hotspot, on the inbuilt adapter?
3 years 10 months ago #53568

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The hotspot would use by default the built-in WiFi adapter. To manage the dongle and connect to external networks, you can do that via VNC.
3 years 10 months ago #53638

• Thank you received: 2
Currently, when stellarmate starts up, the 2 WiFi adapters seem to each find WiFi networks rather than starting the hotspot. In the past, if no WiFi network was found that stellarmate knew the credentials for, it would start the hotspot, is there a way to force it to start the hotspot on the internal interface even if there are WiFi networks it could connect to instead?

Thanks.
3 years 10 months ago #53643

Yes it does that automatically now. Just make sure your Stellarmate is up to date. If you have v1.5.2, you need to run the software updater for this feature to be enabled automatically.
3 years 10 months ago #53646

Time to create page: 0.656 seconds