INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Android app - Auto guiding won't start due to failed calibration?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm very new to Stellarmate, I have been playing around with it for a day now via the android app and I'm looking forward to taking it out. I am trying to test my Orion Starshoot autoguider on it. I have been able to use it as the main CCD in a test and loop some exposures out of the window, so I know the camera is working with the unit, but when I set it to the guider I get "Calibration failed with errors" and the Guide screen stays black. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. Can someone explain what the calibration process is and why it would fail?

Thanks!
Alan
3 years 10 months ago #54069

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Alan,

So this could be due to a number of reason. Maybe it fails to detect an auto star, or there are backlash issue. Currently, the only way to find out is to use VNC to login to SM OS and find out from Ekos what's going on exactly. The SM App would receive a major update to the guide/focus functionality in the next major release of the App so that it can offer more information, right now it's very basic.
3 years 10 months ago #54100

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, Jasem . That will be the issue. There were no stars in the view, just the street outside. I guess I was expecting to see a screen with the looping images and the option to select a guide star. But if it is automatically looking for a star I can understand why it would fail. I've got a lot to learn. Keep up the good work.

- Alan
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Alan .
3 years 10 months ago #54115

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds