INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate OS won't boot after Updates

• Thank you received: 1
I just purchased the StellarMate OS as I had a brand new Raspberry Pi 4 8GB sitting here after the original project it was supposed to be for got veto'd.

Flashed the OS to a 64GB card, and it booted up just fine. Played around with the simulation profile a while just to check things out in the app on my tablet, and noticed that it said there were updates available. Told it to update, which it did without complaint, then shut down the pi to take it upstairs to start hooking things up to it.

Powered the pi back up and....nothing. Took it back downstairs, hooked it up to my monitor, black screen after flashing the raspberry pi logo for about .001 seconds and it stops there. Couldn't figure out what was happening, so on a hunch, I flashed the OS to a older (and slower) 32GB card and had exactly the same thing happen.

Re-flashed the 64GB card, and it boots up just fine, but cannot run updates on the OS at all, either through SSH, or directly through the OS. Updates say they complete, but the device refuses to boot back to the UI afterwards, and doesn't allow VNC or the StellarMate app to connect. I'm fine running without most recent OS updates for now, everything seems to work just fine on my setup, but it'd be nice to know if I'm just doing something wrong or if there's known issues with the latest builds.

Any tips/advice welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 6 months ago #59968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We will check, thank you for the report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Coates
3 years 6 months ago #59986

• Thank you received: 139
This appears to be an incompatibility with a recently released boot loader or eeprom for the 8gb version. Reverting back to the default 1.5.4 stellar mate os fixes the problem for the time being.
3 years 6 months ago #60056

I flashed it with StellarMateOS_1.5.4.img.xz, though. Is there a different 1.5.4 I should try?
3 years 6 months ago #60057

• Thank you received: 139
That should work for you as long as you don't run the update again. It did for me.
3 years 6 months ago #60059

Oh, yeah, it does work fine without updating. But that's why I made the thread, heh.
3 years 6 months ago #60061

• Thank you received: 0
Yes, I have this too. On a 8gb pi 4, the 1.5.4 image works but running the update leads to no interface. I can still shh onto the pi, although this is not so helpful out in the field.
3 years 6 months ago #60228

• Thank you received: 140
Is this fixed yet, I update about two weeks ago and had this issue...??
3 years 5 months ago #61556

• Thank you received: 15
Haven't seen this issue on my 4G4b, I've heard of issues with the 8g version, I wonder if this is related?
3 years 5 months ago #61816

I've got the same problem here. Just bought Stellarmate OS 1.5.4 and installed on my Raspberry Pi 8GB with a 128GB SD card. I can get it to boot initially, but can't connect or get response after update.

I also tried booting from USB 3.0, but for some reason the wifi won't work when I boot from the USB, so I can't connect with the app, VNC, etc.
3 years 5 months ago #62159

I've re-uploaded 1.5.4 after applying latest security updates a few days ago. Can you verify the MD5 checksum matches this?

25a3b38bf598f62021556c9ac6c6053b
3 years 5 months ago #62165

• Thank you received: 15
BKM - are you also on an 8gb Pi?
3 years 5 months ago #62167

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds