INDI Library v1.9.0 Released (23 Apr 2021)

Major INDI Library release v1.9.0 bring significant internal changes championed by @pawel-soja to modernize core INDI Library drivers and clients. New drivers for DeepSkyDad Flat Panel & Pegasus devices plus further improvements to PCM8 drivers.

StellarMate OS won't boot after Updates

• Thank you received: 128
You need to update the bootloader, there is a new firmware update as of the 9/9/2020...I did not have this and so all sorted now...
Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro, on steel pier
Takahashi FSQ85, FS60cb & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar x2 Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub V2 for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on all scopes
7 months 3 weeks ago #62177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I am using an 8GB Raspberry Pi 4B.

If I do an 'rpi-eeprom-update', it says:

CURRENT: Thu 03 Sep 2020 12:11:43 PM UTC (1599135103)
LATEST: Thu 03 Sep 2020 12:11:43 PM UTC (1599135103)

So it appears I have the latest stable firmware.

I downloaded 1.5.4 back in late August. I'm just now getting around to trying it out. The MD5 hash is DC49C06ABA5B3E24247116852FC299B9.

Should I download again?

Thanks
7 months 3 weeks ago #62185

Yes please try to download again and please let us know if that image works out for you.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
7 months 3 weeks ago #62186

• Thank you received: 1
It worked! I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.5.4, and it worked fine. Thanks! I used the Software Update tool this rime. Last time I did the update from the command line using the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. I doubt that made any difference, though.

Also, I tried to boot from a USB 3 thumb drive again. It boots, but the wifi still doesn't work (in either hot spot mode or connection to local wifi). I wonder if the the thumb drive is causing 2.4GHz interference? I may try a SSD or external USB wifi antenna to see if those will work. The USB boot isn't a deal breaker for me, just something I would like to do eventually.
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Brian M.. Reason: Added details
7 months 3 weeks ago #62194

• Thank you received: 13
Hello,

I bought StellarMate in 2018. This week I downloaded the image. Using my trusted method of building an image, I created the image on a 400G drive. My first try failed. I viewed the image and only AstroBerry folder was present. My second try produced the obligatory “this drive is no longer formatted” in Windows 10 version 2004. Maybe I zigged when I should have zagged. The AstroBerry empty folder was it.

The third try I did not format the drive. I placed the image over the previous session. This went much faster. I then used my RPI3B+ with Ubuntu to fsck the volume. Sure enough, the volume had a dirty bit. Hmm... I ejected the Volume from Windows. I umounted the volume under Ubuntu. Why the dirty bit? Looks like either the image tool or the image has a dirty bit.

Once the dirty bit was repaired, the volume booted fine. I am now running on StellarMate.
7 months 1 week ago #62478

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds