INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars star map rotation axis location incorrect on new install

• Thank you received: 1
I have a new install of the StellarMate OS on my StellarMate device due to a freak accident that destroyed my other micro sd card.

The StellarMate software install version is 1.5.6.

After the software installation on a micro sd card I plugged it into the Stellarmate device which I plugged into my TV by using the mini HDMI adapter.

The Stellarmate screen came up fine. When Kstars opened up however I knew right away that something wasn't right as center of the star map axis stayed on the lower right side of the screen. When I place the small red Telrad symbol on the starmap it's location is towards the bottom right of the screen. Normally by default the small red Telrad symbol would locate to the screen center.

I am hoping that this just is a setting but I looked at all of the icons without arriving at a solution to the glued in place pivot point.

Any idea to how this might be unglued from it's locked position? I can rotate, pan and zoom, just not move the pivot.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Paul Imm.
3 years 3 months ago #65680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
After playing around with this a bit I discovered that this was a monitor related issue. It was a relief that I didn't ruin my Stellarmate device itself when it separated into 4 pieces when I dropped it. The installed StellarMate OS was slightly newer. I noticed when I was in display preferences it had a couple different HDMI sources listed even though I was only connected by mini HDMI with one of the sources. Depending on how I changed the display on the 2 HDMI sources I got different display results. When I removed this from the Monitor view and attached to my WiFi via VNC I was further able to untangle the viewing mess. It still wants to show 2 different HDMI sources. Otherwise I believe I am good. Knock on wood.
3 years 3 months ago #65729

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds