INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO 2600MC is not working - Crashes consistently after two subs

• Thank you received: 16
Interesting - you mean the "Bandwidth" setting? It' set to 40 now. (Also set the "Auto Bandwidth" - give that a try)

UPDATE - I turned off "Auto Debayer" and "Adaptive Sampling" and haven't seen a crash yet (Config screen shot attached). Still testing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by AirBourn. Reason: Added Auto Bandwidth paren
3 years 1 week ago #68393
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UPDATE: Configuration as in the above screen snap.
"Auto Debayer" OFF
"Adaptive Sampling" OFF
"Auto Bandwidth" ON

Successfully generated 225 images from 2600MC without a crash.
3 years 1 week ago #68401

I am still seeing application crashes during imaging runs.  Both in the nightly build on the StellarMate device itself as well as the MacOS Stable 3.5.2.  Just empirically, it appears to be related to downloading and saving the huge files created by the ASI2600MC.  I can get it to crash pretty consistently if I generate a bunch of bias or flat frames without a decent delay between captures.  I've also seen crashes during imaging runs (guiding and tracking) on both the SM VNC as well as MacOS remote.

I've seen this kind of crash before - when switching to the summary tab:
(From one of the MacOS crash logs)
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [9428]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   org.qt-project.QtGui              0x000000010fe37b24 QPixmap::cacheKey() const + 4
1   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f915ce5 QLabel::setPixmap(QPixmap const&) + 37
2                                     0x000000010d272eaf 0x10c991000 + 9313967
3   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f81f41c QWidget::event(QEvent*) + 1132
4   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f8c64ab QFrame::event(QEvent*) + 43
5   org.qt-project.QtCore             0x0000000110546558 QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughObjectEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) + 248
6   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f7e5ea1 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 241
7   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f7e7262 QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 466
8   org.qt-project.QtCore             0x0000000110546286 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 166
9   org.qt-project.QtWidgets          0x000000010f81866e QWidgetPrivate::sendPendingMoveAndResizeEvents(bool, bool) + 270
3 years 5 days ago #68596

• Thank you received: 5
Again, haven´t experienced any of those crashes with my setup. Have you tried a differently rated SD card or an USB SSD ?
3 years 5 days ago #68599

Are you sure using the latest nightlies? What version and build number?
3 years 5 days ago #68608

I pulled latest SM nightly build on Thursday and again on Friday (11 & 12 March). Didn't note the version. Was using those via VNC. Also saw same crashes on the 3.5.2 MacOS DMG connecting remotely to SM. Don't have nightlies for local app.
3 years 4 days ago #68634

• Thank you received: 11
Sorry to hear that.

A week or so I posted three more crash dumps that I had so I am hoping this helps with troubleshooting for the next version of EKOS.

These new camera’s are starting to see wider adoption now so I hope the awesome crew maintaining EKOS can finally nail this down.
3 years 6 hours ago #68848

• Thank you received: 1
I've just started using a 2600MC with Stellarmate on my 4Gb Pi. I've taken about 100 subs now over three nights with no issues. 

In case it helps bottom out this issue for others - the cam is connected with USB3.0 cables to the USB hub in a Pegasus Powerbox Advanced. Subs have mostly been 300s, so quite a bit of time between saving each one. Guide cam is a ZWO120MM.
I'm running Stellarmate v1.5.6 stable and connecting to EKOS from my laptop over VNC. Images are saved locally on the Pi.
I view each sub in the FITS viewer but with Auto DeBayer and Auto WCS off.  Since this is the stable build, I don't have the new Adaptive Sampling option.

In the ASI2600 settings, I'm saving Raw 16bit files and I don't think I've changed the bandwidth but it's set to 80, with Auto Bandwidth off.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Andy McGregor.
2 years 11 months ago #68869

• Thank you received: 11
Very similar setup to me with VNC, PegasusAstro etc. I save onto a USB3 stick that’s connected directly to the Pi4.

I don’t think I’ve seen any comments from Jasem and others from the most recent crash dumps though.
2 years 11 months ago #68888

Ran an imaging session the other night with latest nightly on SM via VNC. Got through lights and darks, but when it came to flats, I forgot to set a decent delay time between images, and Ekos crashed after about the third image. After a restart and setting about a six second delay, it ran the flats sequence.

Seems if Ekos tries to write the very large files created by the 2600 too quickly (short exposures like bias and flats), it crashes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 11 months ago #69018

• Thank you received: 4
I'm also seeing crashes which seem related to file size. I'm using the QY268C, which uses the same sensor.
Latest Stable build, using auto-debayer and auto-compute HFR (so I can see these values for focus monitoring).
2 years 11 months ago #69066

• Thank you received: 109
I suspect the persisting speed of the captured data is slower than the incoming capture data rate in some cases.  The USB memory buffer is set to 256M, but your cameras are producing very large file sizes. If this buffer fills before the image is persisted, there is only room for 1 or 2 images in memory.

To verify this, try running this just before a capture session `sudo echo 512 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb` .  If that gives you more frames captured before crashing, then you may have an overrun.  This doesn't fix the problem, but may show where the problem is, and you will want to find a faster way to persist the image data.

Jim

2 years 11 months ago #69074

Time to create page: 1.093 seconds