INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO 2600MC is not working - Crashes consistently after two subs

• Thank you received: 11
Can I pester you and ask if you have FITS viewer enabled though when using EKOS with the 2600MC though? I don't understand how this could be working for some and not others (I've had this under the current and previous version of Stellarmate OS, so that's Kstars 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 I think)

Jasem - due to clouds I've not had the chance to test this work around and will report back when I can.
3 years 2 months ago #66080

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Folks here is a link to a folder with subs that were taken with the 2600MC with the crashing Kstars/EKOS problem. I hope this helps with the diagnosis.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H30ZsvmO...3eEUPLwf?usp=sharing
3 years 2 months ago #66450

I've actually pushed a fix in nightly a couple of days ago. "Adaptive Sampling" is a new option that should help reduce memory usage. Can you try with the latest KStars nightly?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 2 months ago #66464

Just tested this with simulators on StellarMate OS and looks like the new patch is holding up well with theses images as well.
3 years 2 months ago #66466
Attachments:

Thanks for this Jasem, great stuff. I've had like ~2mths of clouds and not respite in sight for me in the coming week or so as well....so testing is going to be hard in the short term.

Is this patch going to make it into the main stream stable release sometime soon?
3 years 2 months ago #66501

Hopefully soon, let me talk with the other developers. Perhaps early February.
3 years 2 months ago #66514

• Thank you received: 23
I've been using mine for months without problems, expect funnily enough, when using TheSkyX where it would crash during runs of 10+ bias frames (I suspect the internal DDR was getting overrun as the camera struggled to get images down the USB cable fast enough).

Happy to help provide a TV session if logs/testing required.
3 years 2 months ago #66519

Sorry one more question here please.

I have a 4gig RAM version of the Pi4. Many use the 4gig versions now and a number of users are also using the 8gig editions now. It seems a waste to have these extra resources available for use while concurrently having new camera's coming out now with bigger sensors and not be able to take full advantage of the hardware. During this issue, I had like ~1.8-2gig or something free in memory. In essence I had *no* discernible memory exhaustion issue. Is this new patch going to let users use the full memory that is available in their Pi's for these modules processing these large subs?
3 years 2 months ago #66535

• Thank you received: 420
There is no additional benefit of
8Gb over 4Gb as long as the OS is 32 bit. I have a 4Gb RPi4 as well with my ASI6200MC and it works flawlessly. I am using KStars stable, not nightly if that helps.
3 years 2 months ago #66544

Thanks for this response.

For me, I can shoot darks/flats/bias all day with the 2600mc, it's imaging that is causing the problem.

I think I mentioned this before, but I am using the Stellarmate OS too, so I've done zero messing around with compiling stuff that could lead to this issue. I've got a 2nd imaging rig with another pi on it and its doing this on that Pi4 as well, with the same stellarmate OS but off a different SDcard.

On memory, I have the 4gig Pi and during the crashing it was only using ~2gig of RAM......we've had nothing but clouds here for ~2mths now so I haven't had the chance to image anything anyway, but its a bummer I can't use my brand new 2600MC for imaging. Its interesting you are using the 6200 with no issues as its a bigger sensor (and therefore bigger subs) with no problems, yet the 2600MC doesn't work.
3 years 2 months ago #66584

Can you check StellarMate OS Beta channel? This should have KStars with the fix applied.
3 years 2 months ago #66599

• Thank you received: 5
I just tested it on my system:
- Pi 4 4GB
- Stellarmate most recent stable
- eqmod
- Zwo MC2600
- guidesimulator

I slewed to an arbitrary point of the "sky", started autoguiding and set up an imaging run of 10 subs @120 secs. Seems to run stable and without any problems. The pictures are all dark, as my scope is inside. All overcast for weeks here, unfortunately. This is why I set up the guidesimulator. Don´t know whether actual autoguiding would make a difference here. Please let me know if I should test something else, as I probably can come close to the problematic setup.
Cheers !

P.S: btw: I have fitsviewer with debayer enabled. Every exposure taken is coming up in the fits viewer.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Dirk Tetzlaff.
3 years 2 months ago #66609

Time to create page: 0.951 seconds