INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connection Problem over Ethernet

• Thank you received: 1
Hi!

First time post here. Above all: Thank you to the developers! This has been the only solution that is second nature to my acquisition flow.

I'm having a weird problem with my ethernet connection. For some reason, every time I start up the RPI4 running StellarMate OS 1.5.6, the RPI4 ethernet connection won't get assigned an IP address even though the lights are blinking both on the RPI and the router. I always have to unplug and replug the ethernet cable for the RPI to get an IP address for the ethernet connection. This immediately assigns an IP. Have anyone had this issue? How did you solved it?

I have assigned a fixed IP on the router for the RPI4 ethernet connection as well as its WIFI connection. When unplugging and replugging, the IP is assigned correctly. The WiFi connection does not have any IP assignment problems.

Thanks!
3 years 1 month ago #67780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Welcome to the forums! I don't believe I ever encountered this issue before with StellarMate.
3 years 1 month ago #67786

• Thank you received: 8
Did this issue happen before you assigned the fixed IP? I wonder if the it might be a problem with that and if the dhcpcd (the dhcp client daemon).

Follow something along the lines for this:
www.ionos.com/digitalguide/server/config...a-static-ip-address/
3 years 1 month ago #67792

Thank you! Assigning a static IP by modifying dhcpcd.conf worked!!
3 years 3 weeks ago #67967

Glad that worked for you. It didn't seem to be a problem of the StellarMate but more of the quirks of some Linux service.
3 years 3 weeks ago #67971

Does this effect the hotspot connection? -assigning a static IP to ethernet via dhcpcd.conf

I have trouble connecting directly to the ethernet port from my laptop sometimes. I want to use this as a backup if I ever lose the hotspot connection (or it's too weak wherever I'm locatated) during a image run with no internet.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68094

Not at all. Hotspot functionally is working as usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamie
3 years 3 weeks ago #68107

After assigning a fixed IP to eth0, every time Stellarmate boots a KStars error windows pops up with "failed to communicate with online authentication server" and I am not able to connect with the mobile app. On the Stellarmate app, it stays at "Authenticating".

I want to connect with the Stellarmate app in order to manually focus with an iPad / iPhone at the scope while on my home's network.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Manuel Troncoso.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68135

EkosLive set to offline?
3 years 3 weeks ago #68165

I'm not really a networking person but it might be a routing issue that the system can't connect to where it should be. The joys of just using DHCP is that the server assigning the IP also provides the details of what is the gateway for the traffic to go through, you start messing with that you end up having to configure things like that and dns servers.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68166

Thank you for the tip!

I reviewed the dhcpcd.conf file and for some reason the DNS was blank. I assigned a DNS address and it's working now.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68170

Glad that helped, it can be frustrating to deal with things like that.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68171

Time to create page: 1.017 seconds