INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate Mobile app Polar Alignment not refreshing

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Folks,
I recently set the Stellarmate on the PI4 and now having it work fine in server mode but using the mobile app on an iPad mini for the initial polar alignment is definitely not plug n play, I'm having issues with the PAA function where it works smoothly through to the point of choosing the star bit then when you need to refresh the button will not operate to do this. The process just stops there and I find myself having to go in via the VNC to achieve this which also doesn't allow for the easy resizing of the windows to see al of the functions at the bottom of the polar alignment window.
The VNC method is fine on iMac but no on iPad or iPhone, has anybody got any hints at how to remedy this. Otherwise it's a great programme that's a joy to have everything in one place.
Thanks
Campbell
3 years 1 week ago #68811

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you for the report. I'm curious, if you go back to VNC, do you see any message box pop up? If yes, then that's the cause and it's fixed. I am working on the zoom in/out capability of the PAA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jiberjaber
3 years 1 week ago #68868

Hi Jasem,
There’s a message to the effect that the polar alignment can’t be altered when I go in via vnc but nothing else. It’s strange as the process works well in the app up to the point where you need to press refresh. I’ll take some screen shots tonight. Thanks for getting back to me. 
Campbell
Last edit: 3 years 5 days ago by Campbell.
3 years 1 week ago #68873

Ok then this issue is resolved in the nightlies.
3 years 1 week ago #68874

Hi, 
I updated the pi 4 and it still doesn’t complete PAA on iPhone or iPad, the iPhone 11 mobile app doesn’t display the polar alignment solution until you press stop then it flashes it up briefly but you’ve stopped the process by then. Also the iPad version still won’t refresh. 
thanks
campbell

3 years 5 days ago #69120

Updated to beta channel?
3 years 4 days ago #69150

Hi,t the same here.
I download the last release of stellarmate app on my ipad, when i want to do a polar alignement, the first steps are ok ( two rotations et 3 pictures ) , and when the picture with vector triangle come, it s impossible to click on refresh ... in full screen on my ipad the refresh button is , in part, mask behind the picture of the vector triangle
2 years 11 months ago #69494

The same for me
Refresh impossible
With the latest release of stellatmate and my ipad

2 years 11 months ago #69520

Is this tested against Beta 3.5.3? As I said, there was an issue that got fixed in the KStars beta.
2 years 11 months ago #69525

Ok please test SM App v2.3.0 Beta in TestFlight: testflight.apple.com/join/yPEDodh6

Report back if this fixes the issue or not.
2 years 11 months ago #69551

Time to create page: 1.489 seconds