INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Getting started: GPS not working

• Thank you received: 1
Hi folks,

I have been trying to get StellarMate working for 3 nights now. I have parked for now the upgrade issue (if I upgrade 1.5.7 via StellarMate up, the OS won't load correctly after reboot) and am trying to get a GPS fix.
I have a VK-172 and I can see from dmesg and syslogs that the dongle is recognised and bootstrapped correctly. However, after many hours there is still no fix.
File Attachment:

I am looking for a way to test the dongle with my Mac, but meanwhile, is there anything that I should be checking on the RPi?

Thanks!
3 years 3 weeks ago #69134

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
I had the same problem with my USB GPS device before. It happens that the signal was covered by many concrete walls surrounding my location in the backyard. If you try it in an open area (like a field) it should work. Remember that the phone's GPS may not also work and the phone shift to tower triangulation to get a rough position. The USB GPS doesn't have this option.
3 years 3 weeks ago #69279

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks, I think I found the issue. I thought the powered USB hub was doing his job, but I discovered (by chance) that if I unplug the camera, the GPS works fine. So I am changing the hub and will try again.
3 years 2 weeks ago #69490

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds