INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Getting started: NexStar not connecting...

• Thank you received: 1
So I am hitting problem number 3 today.
I avoided the upgrade issue by simply not upgrading (after trying 3 times, I got tired or reflashing the SD card). I am waiting for a second GPS Dongle as the GPS problem might very well be a hardware issue.
Now, I finally launched my profile. I started with just the mount (NexStar to which a 6SE is attached): connection was successful, and it properly tracked the moon for 10 minutes. Then I added the ZWI driver for the ASI224 that I plugged instead of the eyepiece, and from that moment on, the NexStar stopped connecting. I restarted the RPi several times, restarted the controller, re-created the profile from scratch. The problem is always the same (see image). I am a bit at a loss.

3 years 4 days ago #69197

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
I used NexStar before with 8SE and it was fine. the error day that there is no /dev/ttyUSB1, which means that the device got disconnected (maybe) or something else happened.

to debug this issue, please try the following:
1. After starting/restarting RPi and before executing KStars, type the following command "lsusb" and copy the results in a text file.
2. Start KSTARS using debug application, and make sure you debug all options.
3. When you start the profile, don't connect immediately (disable auto-connect from the profile), and before connecting, make sure that you debug in a file for all options under debug group.
4. Now it's time to run and try to emulate the problem again.

please share those debug files when you are done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mirko Grewing
3 years 3 days ago #69250

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks. I finally solved the problem. My 6SE had lost alignment, and apparently the connection cannot be established without completing the initial alignment first.
2 years 11 months ago #69484

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds