INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Setting up VNC to stellarmate

• Thank you received: 4
Hello
I have been using an rpi4 and stellarmate os in hotspot mode with my limited equipment successfully. I can take frames with the 2 cameras and control the temp. of the 533.
So I decided to explore VNC connection. Using the stellarmate app on a Samsung tablet I changed from hotspot to the house wifi and entered the password and confirmed that yes i did want to change. The app then tries to reconnect with the stellarmate gadget for a minute and 2 rotations of the blue line and then tells me it failed. I verified that yes the tablet had gone onto the house network. I tried anyway to contact the stellarmate gadget at stellarmate:8060 using Firefox, Chrome and safari, All failed, which makes me think that the gadget has not changed to the house wifi.
Is there someway to check this or am I missing something that is obvious to an experienced user? Any help would be appreciated.
2 years 11 months ago #70104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
You can connect to it from your mac laptop using screen sharing. The StellarMate device should show up in the finder under the network (on the left hand column). Double click, select screen share in the finder window, and use your StellarMate password.

This tutorial I wrote explains it (scroll down some to see how to connect with the finder). www.macobservatory.com/blog/2020/3/29/ho...work-with-kstarsekos
2 years 11 months ago #70254

• Thank you received: 140
You are using the wrong address to connect, you should be using “Stellarmate.local” in your browser address bar....
2 years 11 months ago #70257

• Thank you received: 1
To build off the previous person's response, you can use the local address whether you are offline or online and on the same network. Then, on the bottom right of your screen you should see a "Go To" button. Click on that and then click "desktop" which will then ask you to put in your password, which should be "smate". Hope this helps. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: James E DeSpain
2 years 11 months ago #70310

• Thank you received: 4
Thanks lead weight, astronerd and xeoix for your replies.Just to close the loop. In desperation I reloaded the stellarmate app before I read your replies and this allowed me to connect to stellarmate gadget. Using the mac I entered the ip address for the stellarmate followed by :6080/vnc.html and bingo I was in.
2 years 11 months ago #70339

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds