INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate App Won't Authhenticate

• Thank you received: 31
I'm running SM 1.5.6.  I can connect from my Win10 laptop running Kstars perfectly and Ekos runs my gear very nicely, no problems.  I decided I 'd like to try the SM app on my Android tablet, I'm running SM app version 2.3.0.  Scanning the network from the app, it finds my SM device at the correct IP address, no problem.  When I try to connect, the Registered check box checks-off green, then the app tries to Authenticate and never gets any further.  I'm stuck!  What am I missing or doing wrong?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
2 years 11 months ago #70900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem was online on the SM website chat support.  He walked me through upgrading my SM to 1.5.8 without having to flash the card and lose my USB WiFi config.  Talk about FANTASTIC customer service!!!  I'm up and running 100%  and Jasem is THE MAN!!  Looking forward to learning and trying out the Stellar Mate App - been using SM with Ekos for a few years now.

2 years 11 months ago #70906

• Thank you received: 11
I’ve never been able to use the SM app because of this happening, what was the fix in the end?
2 years 11 months ago #70938

Updating SM to version 1.5.8 and also deleting (from the Google play store) and reinstalling SM for Android app 2.3.0. Lastly, making sure Livecloud is on in the SM control panel.  Then it connected right up and runs 100%.  It's essentially a very slimmed down interface for Ekos - Ekos is actually launched and running on the Rpi - you're simply controlling it via the app.  The one killer feature it has is live stacking.  I run my Rpi headless via a dual antenna USB Linux WiFi adapter to a Win10 laptop running Kstars/Ekos so I don't really need the app, but it's a very nice alternative and would be perfect for going portable when you don't want to lug a laptop along.  It has all the basic functionality you need and it's a great looking interface too.  It was worth the effort to get it up and running.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
2 years 11 months ago #70970

There is also a new updated StellarMate Tools. If you have consistent issues with Authenticating (assuming you already updated to v1.5.8), then you can reset EkosLive using the StellarMate Tools application on your SM OS desktop. Afterwards, retry the authentication again from the App.

2 years 11 months ago #71017
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19
Hi Jasem,

Sorry, I thank that I solved this problem, deleting the background app on my Samsung A10. But this evening, trying a connection to SM, I have the same issue. Rescan unsuccessfull, add a device also. And It works very fine with my old Acer Liqui Z635 with Android 6.0 !
I try to delete Ekoslive, re installing the app, with no result.
2 years 11 months ago #71051

Did you try to reset EkosLive as shown above?
2 years 11 months ago #71052

Yes Jasem.
2 years 11 months ago #71066

Ok so this is specific to Samsung A10? One reason could be that if you connect to hotspot, Android sometimes try to fallback to using Cellular Data thinking there is no internet and this of course can create issues. If you find a way to disable the auto-switch to cellular data that might help.
2 years 11 months ago #71070

I disable the cellular data and connection seems to be OK. I try several times disable/enable cellular data. Thanks Jasem

PS: Why we can't use Kstars Android as planetarium like SkySafari ? Curious !
2 years 11 months ago #71078

KStars Lite is planned to be re-introduced to the Google store again after we fix a few issues. Hopefully soon!
2 years 11 months ago #71083

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds