INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Change Maximum Exposure Time Limit on Alignment Tab or add align after every subframe option

• Thank you received: 7
Do you think it would be possible to eliminate the restriction of 60 seconds on the exposure on alignment page. I use a DSLR and if I am collecting 240 second subs I could use the alignment exposures in my frame stack easily if the exposure matched, It would be really nice if you could also run alignments every frame as sometimes I see some drift over the night so maybe this could be a switch on the camera page. I am running on a Mac.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74227

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
use the Scheduler to gain the alignment after X subs. Does not make sense redo alignment after each sub of just 240 secs
2 years 8 months ago #74231

Ok I'll take a look at that. On my machine the solver only takes a few seconds.

What about removing the restriction on length of exposure. Running my camera every exposure is saved on the SD card. When processing I will have all my subs and all of the alignment images but if there are different exposure times I need to sort them in Pixinsight. This is kind of a pain. If I could set what ever exposure I wanted in the align tab I could make them all the same.

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74245

• Thank you received: 57
It would be great if there were an option in the scheduler to do a new alignment after X subs, but there's not.

You can fool the scheduler into this behavior by splitting your imaging into lots of short jobs and then doing them all in a row. But yes! Please include this as an option in a future update!
2 years 8 months ago #74246

• Thank you received: 23
Just add more Jobs created with a sequence of X subs as you prefer, 1, 3, 5,10 etc
2 years 8 months ago #74247

How about removing the restrictions of exposure time. Is there any value of having this limit in place?
2 years 8 months ago #74262

• Thank you received: 3
I would also be happy if this exposure time limit would be much higher. When using a DSLR with Dual Narrowband filters there are no stars visible in the resulting image. But I think this limitation is perhaps required, otherwise the guiding needs to be running or the image will contain star trails and maybe the solver might always fail. 

2 years 8 months ago #74347

Time to create page: 0.953 seconds