INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.5 - INDI crash after some time in capture with indi_gphoto_ccd version 3.0 interface 10

• Thank you received: 0
My GEM45 always stopped at median flip regardless of setting in hand controller Stop at 20deg and in Ekos Flip at 1deg. I did try all kind of settings without success until I found the following in INDI: 
Slew type: Counter weight UP  Then the Median Flip works. Before it was default at Normal and Median Flip never took place!

My suggestion is to make "Counter weight UP" the default setting. 

The mount can never do a median flip with the setting to "Normal"!

2 years 7 months ago #74831
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hmmm, anyone else with iOptron mount can shed light on this?
2 years 7 months ago #74833

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Jasem,

Interestingly I was testing my CEM40 tonight (I set the flip to occur at 0.2 HA past the meridian). The counterweight settings were as default (e.g. normal). The flip occurred as expected once the current exposure was finished. The flip went well and then alignment solving occurred then guiding and restarting of the exposure sequence as expected.
The only issue I have is that the park command no longer seems to cause the mount to park so I use the go to home position which then seems to be interpreted in EKOS that the mount is parked. I thought that this was related to older firmware but the behaviour persists even after upgrading the mount firmware to the latest.
However using the "home position" works just as well for me.
Hope this helps.

Mike
2 years 7 months ago #74836

The parking issue is a known problem with iOptron firmware. I'm surprised they didn't fix this yet. After parking is completed, the firmware reports the mount as SLEWING still. I reported this to iOptron last year.
2 years 7 months ago #74837

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Jasem,

My CEM40 used to park OK so not sure why this is no longer the case. However, while the go to home position works just as well, it doesn't interfere with my imaging sessions. :)
Thanks for all the hard work that you do in making KStars such a great imaging platform!

Mike
2 years 7 months ago #74838

Tried again to see a median flip with the same setting, but this time it just stopped tracking, no median flip. I'm lost!

2 years 7 months ago #74925

Upgraded all FirmWare for GEM45. Changed with hand controller behaviour at Meridian from STOPP to FLIP. Added a capture sequence to have a more realistic test senario. (I know I should only change one factor at a time!)

Now it worked as expected! Counted down to zero, waited for ongoing capture to finish and did the flip!
2 years 7 months ago #74943

Hi!

I have found out the following: My IOptron GEM45 and probably the others do not always remember last settings so even if you recently with hand controller set it to flip at lets say 20¤ it may revert to stop at Zero, the default. Then Meridian flip will not occur.

Luckily I found in latest release INDI driver that you can check and set meridian behaviour for the mount without reverting to the hand controller. It still forgets so you need to check and set this to 10¤ each session.

Then setting it to a smaller value in Ekos - Mount makes it happen.

Good!

Gustav
2 years 1 day ago #81782

Hi!

I have found out the following: My IOptron GEM45 and probably the others do not always remember last settings so even if you recently with hand controller set it to flip at lets say 20¤ it may revert to stop at Zero, the default. Then Meridian flip will not occur.

Luckily I found in latest release INDI driver that you can check and set meridian behaviour for the mount without reverting to the hand controller. It still forgets so you need to check and set this to 10¤ each session.

Then setting it to a smaller value in Ekos - Mount makes it happen.

Good!

Gustav
2 years 1 day ago #81783

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds