INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Status display

• Thank you received: 10

Status display was created by NickK

Hi, hot on the heals of getting the C2 ATIK drivers working.. I'm trying out the idea of using the ODroid SHOW2 TFT screen as a status screen on the scope. Literally this will be attached to the scope in the box with the C2.

Is there anyway I can get the guider images being taken, the focus FHWM, the RA & DEC, focus, connection state etc from the components on the INDI system?

I've included a test image - using a real open phd 60x60 guider star image just to demonstrate. I'll then want to create a C/C++ component that sits on the C2 and through a connection with INDI accesses the current state of the system.

I'm thinking of ideas such as disconnects to cause the screen to flash red for example so it's happily running I don't need to do anything.. infact it could cycle around including displaying the last sub taken (scaled), the current focusing image etc. IF it can get to the info!

ODROID C2 Ubuntu
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by NickK.
7 years 10 months ago #8051
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by NickK on topic Status display

This could provide some info: indilib.org/support/tutorials/148-dbus-s...h-kstars-python.html

Another way to get the image (for recorded images) is to watch the directories.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by NickK.
7 years 10 months ago #8054

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Status display

Few options:

1. KStars INDI DBus (but this assumes that KStars is running on the target device.
2. PyINDI to act as the client to get whatever data you need from the driver.
3. indi_getprop to any property status and value.
7 years 10 months ago #8056

Good point on the KStars running. At the moment I'm running one C2 for Kstars + Ekos + INDI + astrometry.net. The automation project (power and network hub) has the space to split off the INDI and the astrometry.net onto a second C2.

indi prop sounds like a decent way to get that data although it would be polled rather than pushed. The TFT isn't really fast enough to be a replacement screen so I think this would work.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 10 months ago #8057

I've been exploring the indi_getprop and I have a question looking at the CCD Simulator when setup for guiding.

I can see that the CCD images are store in a location but what about guider images? I record all my guider images :)
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 10 months ago #8123

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Status display

same principle. Guider head is "CCD2".
The following user(s) said Thank You: NickK
7 years 10 months ago #8124

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds