INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Allow to dynamically add/remove items from capture schedule while running

• Thank you received: 13
I sometimes add lets say 30-40 pics of 2 mins to the capture schedule and, while it is running, I want to modify that number to add a few more, or add some with different exposure, or remove a block. I believe the current implementation does not allow for changes while running, right? Is there any major showstopper that does not allow it?
1 year 5 months ago #87447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
I can understand not allowing modification of the job currently running, but I agree - would sure be nice if I could modify the params of other jobs in the queue while a job is running.
1 year 5 months ago #87449

• Thank you received: 565
I'm not sure what the deal is for modifying the capture sequence for the currently running job. Would need to check the code to see the implications of changing the sequence of a running job.

As far as changing the sequence for upcoming jobs: as I recall, the main "show stopper" is that the only editor for the capture sequence file is the capture module itself (and it is busy when jobs are running). That is, if you tried to be tricky and text-edit the .esq file for the next job (at your own peril), then, when the next job started, it would read the new .esq file, and get your new version. I'm not recommending text-editing that file, just saying it would be possible, and that I've done it (though not for this scenario).

I agree it would be nice to be able to have an editor for .esq files that didn't require connections to indi devices or a running ekos, but that is not currently implemented.

Any volunteers?
Hy
1 year 5 months ago #87477

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds