INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polemaster in KStars

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Kevin gurney on topic Polemaster in KStars

I am trying to transition to Indi from Windows and Polemaster is on my critical path...
I have to say the QHY software is great - it takes you step-by-step through capture/solve/adjust sequence so a Linux version would be very welcome. (Its all done in 5 minutes max )

On the comments about FOV - yes, the FOV is big on the dedicated QHY polemaster cams, but having this routine available for people with these cams would be a huge first step..
In any case, I often do a quick-and-dirty adjustment first using the polarscope and one of those NCP location apps. I think this should get polaris in the FOV for most finder scopes. I take the point that solving may require a large FOV. However, if sharpcap are advertising it I presume it can be made to work for sufficiently small finderscopes - indeed on their site it says "A field of view in the camera of between 1 degree and about 2.5 degrees". I reckon a lodestar on a William optics 200mm finderscope has an FOV just short of 2deg.

many thanks

Kevin
7 years 2 months ago #14447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Robert Porter on topic Polemaster in KStars

Having just got my Polemaster a couple days ago and barely had any time with it. I did want to point out that there is a Linux version.
Download: www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...atid=136&id=32&cut=2
Directions: www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...atid=136&id=32&cut=2

I have not tried it (YET) so as they say YMMV.
4 years 7 months ago #43270

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Polemaster in KStars

You should be able to use it with the Polar Alignment Assistant tool found in the align module in it's stock configuration.
I have accomplished something very similar with an ASI 120 with a 50mm lense (same FL as polemaster) mounter on the RA axis.
4 years 7 months ago #43278

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Chris Alberts on topic Polemaster in KStars

Hoi

Depending on the use of Kstars, When you use connect remote to you raspbarry, the following solution can also be used
Which i have done www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...show&catid=30&id=223 before i start Kstars i can start Polemaster software.

Install Polemaster on your Raspberry Pi mate

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #43320

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds