INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI driver for Pegasus Ultimate Power hub

• Thank you received: 174
It is some issue with serial port. Can you check, if /dev/ttyUPB does exist if device is connected and if it is writable? Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31347

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just to let others know, it turned out, that this particular device uses a different PID. If it will happen to anybody else, the workaround, unless I'll get the list of all possible values, is to edit udev rules and replace 6015 by correct value:

1. use "lsusb" command to find the proper value
2. use "sudo vi /lib/udev/rules.d/99-indigo_aux_upb.rules" to edit the script, replace 6015 by correct PID
3. use "sudo udevadm control --reload-rules" to reload the rules
4. reconnect the device

and that's it. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 5 months ago #31351

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Croston, AstroNerd
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
5 years 5 months ago #31393
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 140
Nice one Peter... :)
What is the reboot property..?
5 years 5 months ago #31396

Just reboot of UPB, don't worry :) Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31416

Hi Peter,
Just been renaming my outputs, and does not save on restarting except if I click to load in Ekos, (but that does not work all the time) but guess that’s an Ekos bug as you mentioned it not saving...
But if you save and then load the profile they come up, BUT if you then rename another output you lose all the previous saved names, and have to do them all at once or they are lost...the set button seems to set the one changed but reset all the others to default...
I have tried several times..
5 years 5 months ago #31419

Hi William, "outlet names" are part of "configuration". If you will click Save in Main > Configuration control, complete configuration will be saved and if you will click Load, it will load. But always whole configuration, you can't save just single property or item and it doesn't save automatically. So if you want to rename just one outlet, you have to load saved names first, change the outlet name and save again. This works the same way as with INDI.

There is also INDIGO specific Main > Profile selection property. It is set to #0 by default, but you can use any other profile. Each one has its own configuration, so you can have 5 different name sets.

Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31420

Yes I get all that..but if I load the configuration and I have output 1 named “mount” and output 2 named “camera” and then I want to name output 3 “focuser”, then after I click “set” before I can save configure it clears the other names on clicking set and just leaves the new “focuser” named output, the others are defaulted to “outlet #1 or 2 ...etc..
Then I load configure again and it just has the new “focuser” but not others....
Hope that makes sense...
5 years 5 months ago #31423

OK, now I understand. It doesn't happen on macOS/INDIGO, but I'll check it with Ekos tonight to make sure. Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
5 years 5 months ago #31429

William, I tried it and you're right. But it looks it is Ekos bug. The same happen e.g. with Snoop devices on CCD Simulator - current value of Text field is loaded by "Load" button, but edit field content contains still the original value. Peter
5 years 5 months ago #31433

Ok, no worries.. :)
Is there an easier way to zero the focus step count, rather than put zero in the box and set, as it then has to count all the way back down, rather than just got straight to zero, it’s a long way from 21,000 steps.... :)
I guess there is but am not finding it...
5 years 5 months ago #31436

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds