INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Baader Steeldrive

• Thank you received: 2
Yes, I am using KDE (Linux Mint 17 KDE Edition).

OK, with Focus Timer it is now clear...
Yes, it is slew speed, but why text field and not a trackbar?
Oh, now it is clear why it is giving me errors when trying to move... But still don't understand why when I am connecting the driver there is a previous state for Focus In button :huh: And I tested now the Relative Position - the same story with # :) Some more - Abort Motion on Absolute Position has an effect, but not on the Relative Position (it remains yellow)
5 seconds is well enough ;) Now the log will be much more readable :lol:
You made correction now, or it is already switching to red? Haven't observed that... :unsure:
All the parameters which are in steps / ticks - why are they float and not integer?
Thanks for pointing to Save Configuration! But when pressing button I don't see in the log corresponding command to be sent :dry:
Glad to hear what you like extensive bug reporting :lol:
9 years 4 months ago #2304
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Baader Steeldrive

I actually didn't pay attention to this before, it is now fixed in KStars GIT, thanks for pointing it out, it is now much clearer!

It is actually a number, but the step value was too small for it to be a slide bar. I modified it from default value to something more reasonable.

What command exactly is missing #? the relative command uses the same absolute command.

It's working in simulation, I made it check temperature every 10 seconds now, so wait 10 seconds after taking probe out and see.

All INDI numbers are doubles, but you see the steps represented only as integers even if you try to send a float value.

I checked in simulation and it's logged. Please retest and let me know how it goes.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 4 months ago #2305

Glad to hear it got fixed, it was frustrating :) Btw, this fix will appear in 14.04, yes?
Because it is not a slide bar it is not clear which are the limits :unsure:
You want to say you don't use incremental command, you just do the math (adding / subtracting from current position) and send an absolute command, yes?
OK, I will retest the temperature and configuration save.
9 years 4 months ago #2306

The slide bar will show up in 14.04 because it depends on INDI and not a bug in KStars itself. The pressed button issue however is an issue in KStars and you can only see it in 14.10 PPA or later. Regarding the incremental command, yes I do the math and send the command.
9 years 4 months ago #2307

Ok, here we go again :lol:

1) As you can see Focus In is pressed upon connection. This is by design?
2) May be it is better to change Focus Speed to Focus Speed (350-1000). Or may be even Slew Rate (350-1000)?
3) Abort Motion is acting slow. If I am trying to abort Relative Position move, its LED becomes yellow and remains in this way (in case of aborting Absolute Position the LED becomes grey). Also, there is error sometimes: :F8ASKS0# updatePostion read error: Timeout error. As far as I can understand it is because the focuser is just busy :unsure:
4) Temperature is working fine! But after reinserting back the probe the LED stays red (even after Disconnect / Connect);
5) Why Focus Speed has integer number in its fields, but Sync - not?
6) What are doing the Presets? Especially considering theirs huge ranges :)
7) Coefficient - may be do the same as with Focus Speed (indicate the limits)?
8 ) # of Samples. Again as with Focuser Speed - why float? And I understand that indicating the possible values won't be good looking.. Don't know what to recommend :unsure:
9) Gear Ratio - :FE is sent instead of :FD on pressing Set.

All the rest looks good! B) You rock! ;)
9 years 4 months ago #2308
Attachments:

Please make sure you are compiling the latest code from SVN.

1. Yes. It simply means if you use the timer or relative focus, then the _default_ focus direction is focus in.
2. This property is part of a higher class that cannot be changed. At any rate, the user can now have a slide bar from 350 to 1000.
3. I made the frequency 500ms now so let's see if that helps.
4. When you reinsert the probe, what is the response from the unit when sending temperature request command?
5. Fixed.
6. It is generic for any points you want to be saved. For example, I save the ticks for best focus so that on my next run I go there directly.
7 & 8: both slide bars now :-)
9. Fixed

I hope this resolves most remaining issues!
9 years 4 months ago #2309

But SVN gets into PPA, yes? You mentioned 12-24 hours :)

3) Will retest;
4) If I remember it right the temperature is measured successfully after probe reinsertion, but still LED red. I will recheck tomorrow;
6) From logic point of view, as for focuser they represent Absolute Position, I can understand that, but the range is frustrating (up to 60000, which doesn't make sense in our case) :dry:

Thanks again for your efforts, I hope tomorrow I won't be reporting any other issues :lol:
9 years 4 months ago #2310

3) Some very strange things are happening with current version of the driver - sometimes focuser is freezing :huh: Before any conclusions - how is working the Abort Motion in case of Relative / Absolute Position change? With Focus Times it's clear for me - you send :F3STOP0#
4) Working as expected, all good!
10) Please correct this message: updatePostion read error: Timeout error. to updatePosition read error: Timeout error.
9 years 4 months ago #2320

Freezing in what sense? I'm not sending any stop commands, I just send the new move command. Am I required to stop first then issue a new move command?
9 years 4 months ago #2321

In some cases I get updatePostion read error: Timeout error, but focuser is still accessible from Arduino (Serial monitor), in other cases focuser stop responding completely :ohmy: Right now I have checked the focuser - for stopping ANY motion just send :F3STOP0#
9 years 4 months ago #2322

It is now more tolerance to errors, please check again. I also invited you to gmail chat, we can finish things there faster.
9 years 4 months ago #2324

Sure, we can work in gmail chat, but tomorrow, I am already home :)
9 years 4 months ago #2327

Time to create page: 0.847 seconds