INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Feature request in Ekos for planetary imaging

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Jasem,

I’m a big fan of INDI+Ekos (specially Ekos’ Align Module and INDI’s Alignment Subsystem), but I miss some features for planetary imaging that I used to have back on my Windows+ASCOM days, and I lost when I migrated to Mac OS X/Linux+INDI.

Here’s my Ekos feature request list for planetary imaging:
1- Capture Module: Include video file capture of SER files, and present a field for Duration (sec), besides Frame Count, as available as Record Options under Streaming tab of CCD drivers. Also provide an option for using WinJupos’ file naming convention for files: “yyyymmdd-hhmm[_][c]-Observer[-Info].ext”;
2- Guide Module: Include feature guiding to enable tracking of transits of interior planets and improving tracking of Lunar/Planetary features for impact detection, like Nudger does for lunar features , SharpCap does for Solar/Lunar/Planetary features , Dave’s Solar System Recorder (DSSR) does for Lunar Craters/Solar Spots and Prominences/Asteroids/Planetesimals/Sunspots/Comets , and FireCapture does for Planetary and Full Disk Lunar/Solar imaging ;
3- Guide Module: Enable guide using Alt-Az mounts, unfortunately Dave’s Solar System Recorder (DSSR) (starrydave.com/?page_id=11) is the only one I know that does this;

Thanks,
Andre
5 years 2 months ago #34661

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds