INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi driver for SkyFi module

• Thank you received: 20
SkyFi is a WiFi to serial adapter that is compatible with a great variety of mounts.
skysafariastronomy.com/skyfi-3-professio...lescope-control.html

It would be great if Indi could support this device to turn numerous mounts into WiFi devices and allow he removal of the USB to serial cable.
5 years 1 month ago #35429

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by robert on topic Indi driver for SkyFi module

not sure if this works in the same way as the SkyFi but i have connected the EQMod driver over "ethernet" port (instead of USB/Serial) to the skywatcher WiFI Dongle. The procedure is the same as explained in the following post: www.indilib.org/devices/telescopes/az-gti.html for AZ-GTI mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giorgio
5 years 3 days ago #36979

Thanks for the suggestion. I use a Takahashi EM-200 I’ll check if that driver has an Ethernet option in its config parameters.
5 years 3 days ago #36982

Just tested this last night and I'm happy to confirm it works! I've switched the connection method from serial to Ethernet and configured the SkyFi IP address and port number (4030) in the Temma driver settings.
I've done a few manual slews and it works very well. Not so lucky in slewing to a target selected in KStars ( I'm unable to slew to any target west of Polaris) but that seems to be a completely different issue that must troubleshoot separately...
4 years 11 months ago #37791

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by bekax5 on topic Indi driver for SkyFi module

Hello there.
I'd like to know if you managed to get SkyFi to work with INDI drivers?
Did EQMod connect with SkyFi or how did you configure it ?

Regards.
4 years 5 months ago #44505

Hi there,

My mount is a Tak EM-200 I'm not sure if the same method applies to other mounts. The Indi driver for this mount has a 'Connection' tab where you can set a connectivity switch to to be either Serial or Ethernet. After having configured an Ethernet connection you then have to type in the IP address of the SkyFi module. The port number must also be set at 4030. Needless to say that the SkyFi module must be on the same network of your Indi device.
If you need to change setting on the SkyFi module you can follow instructions provided at: support.simulationcurriculum.com/hc/en-u...-Control-Accessories
4 years 5 months ago #44514

Time to create page: 1.006 seconds