INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars Star map pointing enhancements

• Thank you received: 41
Hi ,

I find using a laptop with a track pad (which is my default in the field) is really difficult to point accurately to objects on the map. Some of this is due to the large X that does not help with accurate pointing. Is it possible to change that X back to a arrow to improve accuracy with pointing? An alternative is a "snap-to" feature to snap the pointer to the most prominent object in the very close vicinity. This would make browsing the map in the field for potential targets easier.

Thanks for a great product

Mike
4 years 10 months ago #39440

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I added a couple of new behaviors:

1. Left Click Selects Object: So instead of double-clicking on an object, you can now click once to snap to an object.
2. Cursor shapes (Arrow, Cross, Circle)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Spartacus
4 years 10 months ago #39441
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8
Thank you so much! I just emailed you about this a few days ago and someone else posted this thread lol. Great minds think alike.

How do I update the windows version to bleeding edge?

I have the linux version on my odroid and the windows version on my PC. I use the planetarium on my PC and have the 3.2.2 version without that update you show in your image.

How do I get an update for what I have? There isn't a auto-search for updates when I launch and there isn't a "check for updates" under help.

I feel I am using the regular release version instead of beta "bleeding edge" versions on my windows machine.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 10 months ago #39469

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Jasem,

Wow that was quick. I will update tonight. It will really help me as I never seem to be able to click on the right place to bring up named objects on the map. A snap-to will be brilliant. Thanks for the new pointers too!!
Now I am starting to think what else I can wish for :)
Many thanks
Mike
4 years 10 months ago #39487

You can download Nightly release for Windows here: binary-factory.kde.org/job/KStars_Nightly_win64/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micheal Fields
4 years 10 months ago #39489

Time to create page: 0.865 seconds