INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Recentering after each exposure

• Thank you received: 13
Good night. I am currently exposing with my small redcat+az gti :) . Unfortunately, the ASI 120mm is showing broken frames all the time so I have given up at guiding today. Fortunately, the polar alignment is good enough to make the 2-minute exposures decent, so I was wondering: would it be possible to have some kind of fake guiding using the primary camera? It would be in my case some kind of very low cadence guiding (every 2 minutes) to just keep the object centered. I am not sure how would one do such a thing, but maybe doing some predictive corrections based on the last two images?.
4 years 7 months ago #42728

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
The USB2.0 version of the ASI 120 has compatibility issues with Linux. You can try to flash the camera's firmware to the Linux compatible version, but it will still glitch. Although it may work well enough for guiding.
4 years 7 months ago #42734

• Thank you received: 13
I already have the compatible version. I will try with the raspberry pi 4's usb3 ports.

Anyway, I kind of discovered how to do what I wanted, more or less, by using the scheduler. It takes an extra picture, but one every a few does not hurt too much. However, I got another idea that some people might like and I am not sure it has been done before.
4 years 7 months ago #42740

Time to create page: 0.682 seconds